My longest run yet!

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Congrats. 5 miles in a big milestone for a runner.

Thanks.

> You are running too fast. Slow down until you don't experience any
> pain. The pain may make you think you are getting something out of it,
> but it really takes the fun out of the run. Get a heartrate monitor,
> it does not make you run faster, but it will help you pace yourself and
> run slower. I used that when I first got started, and I still find it
> very useful.

Really...I just run at a pace that seems to fit my stride comfortably. I
wasn't pushing for speed on the 5 miler at all. Interesting. Thx! JJ

On 13 Sep 2005 13:30:02 -0700, "gty" <[email protected]> wrote:

>sounds like you want to injur yourself.

Speaking of injurys, how's that combination groin pull/wrist strain
doing? Is your impotentcy any better?
RealyTR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

T wrote:
> Of course I can spot the flaw in your reasoning, you keep making the same
> mistake over and over; you can't tell the difference between training and racing.

The flaw in my reasoning is that I want to believe that I can somehow
bring a simpleton up to the comprehensive level of my ninth grade art
students. Oh well...DeVry it is!