My low carb experiences

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patrick Grady, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. I started on the low carb WOE in 2001. I had always been overweight and
    tried everything. Then I picked up the Atkins book on a fluke tried it and
    it worked. I went from 202 to 169 in about 1 year got in shape began running
    life was great. I followed the advice in the book and found 90g of carbs a
    day to be my key number and stuck with it for awhile. Alot of my success had
    to do with this news group and the people on it. Then a 2 years ago
    something I began eating crap alot of it at first nothing happened because
    of my workout schedule then that went out the window soon all the weight
    came back. Now here I am trying to get back into this WOE and it is hard
    almost impossible I try and fail to redo induction alot. I am writing this
    for my own sake and also to let the people in this newsgroup know that the
    battle is never over and once you stop this WOE its hard to get it back. I
    am hoping that through using this newsgroup again that I can finally succeed
    in redoing induction so I will be posting daily menus here over the next two
    weeks hoping that I can get some responses and input. Thank you.

    Tags:

  2. Saffire

    Saffire Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, patrickgrady1
    @comcast.net says...
    > I started on the low carb WOE in 2001. I had always been overweight and
    > tried everything. Then I picked up the Atkins book on a fluke tried it and
    > it worked. I went from 202 to 169 in about 1 year got in shape began running
    > life was great. I followed the advice in the book and found 90g of carbs a
    > day to be my key number and stuck with it for awhile. Alot of my success had
    > to do with this news group and the people on it. Then a 2 years ago
    > something I began eating crap alot of it at first nothing happened because
    > of my workout schedule then that went out the window soon all the weight
    > came back. Now here I am trying to get back into this WOE and it is hard
    > almost impossible I try and fail to redo induction alot. I am writing this
    > for my own sake and also to let the people in this newsgroup know that the
    > battle is never over and once you stop this WOE its hard to get it back. I
    > am hoping that through using this newsgroup again that I can finally succeed
    > in redoing induction so I will be posting daily menus here over the next two
    > weeks hoping that I can get some responses and input. Thank you.

    Hi Patrick, welcome back to the group!

    --
    Saffire
    205/129/125

    *** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
    in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***

  3. Obesity = idiocy.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Patrick Grady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Now here I am trying to get back into this WOE and it is hard
    > almost impossible I try and fail to redo induction alot.

  4. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    The returning to carbs is common among the high percentage of people that
    fail to maintain an LC weightloss. As I see it, there is a quite a diverse
    variety of foods that fall within a low carb way-of-eating/way-of-life.
    Perhaps making an effort to add this low carb variety to your diet could
    help you reject the carby stuff comfortably.

    90 carbs per day sounds a high to me. However, if that works for you, then
    one can't argue with success.

    Cubit
    320/152/?
    maintaining for 3 months

    "Patrick Grady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I started on the low carb WOE in 2001. I had always been overweight and
    > tried everything. Then I picked up the Atkins book on a fluke tried it and
    > it worked. I went from 202 to 169 in about 1 year got in shape began

    running
    > life was great. I followed the advice in the book and found 90g of carbs a
    > day to be my key number and stuck with it for awhile. Alot of my success

    had
    > to do with this news group and the people on it. Then a 2 years ago
    > something I began eating crap alot of it at first nothing happened because
    > of my workout schedule then that went out the window soon all the weight
    > came back. Now here I am trying to get back into this WOE and it is hard
    > almost impossible I try and fail to redo induction alot. I am writing this
    > for my own sake and also to let the people in this newsgroup know that the
    > battle is never over and once you stop this WOE its hard to get it back. I
    > am hoping that through using this newsgroup again that I can finally

    succeed
    > in redoing induction so I will be posting daily menus here over the next

    two
    > weeks hoping that I can get some responses and input. Thank you.

  5. Hiya Patrick.

    Very similar experience here. I did the WOE in 2002 for eight months
    and lost 40+ lbs. I moved and my schedule got very disrupted, resulting
    in me going off the WOE for a few months. I tried to restart several
    times, but failed each go. Eventually, I managed to butch up and
    restart it. Have been LC now since July, with 39 lbs gone, and have a
    hard time imagining going back to carbs in any major way. I think
    focusing on the long term effects is key. In the day to day, it is very
    hard to feel good about LC at the onset, but now I focus on how great
    it feels when I'm doing it right, and how great it is to have less of
    me around. The LT perspective is key to making the commitment to LC,
    IMHO.

    Welcome back and best of luck (even though we make our own luck with
    LC).

    -Hollywood

    Patrick Grady wrote:
    > I started on the low carb WOE in 2001. I had always been overweight and
    > tried everything. Then I picked up the Atkins book on a fluke tried it and
    > it worked. I went from 202 to 169 in about 1 year got in shape began running
    > life was great. I followed the advice in the book and found 90g of carbs a
    > day to be my key number and stuck with it for awhile. Alot of my success had
    > to do with this news group and the people on it. Then a 2 years ago
    > something I began eating crap alot of it at first nothing happened because
    > of my workout schedule then that went out the window soon all the weight
    > came back. Now here I am trying to get back into this WOE and it is hard
    > almost impossible I try and fail to redo induction alot. I am writing this
    > for my own sake and also to let the people in this newsgroup know that the
    > battle is never over and once you stop this WOE its hard to get it back. I
    > am hoping that through using this newsgroup again that I can finally succeed
    > in redoing induction so I will be posting daily menus here over the next two
    > weeks hoping that I can get some responses and input. Thank you.

  6. Hannah Gruen

    Hannah Gruen Guest

    I've had times like that, too. I found if I kept trying one day it would
    just "click" and then I'd be ok. That tended to be during periods when I was
    pretty stressed. Just don't give up.

    HG