My maiden anti-idiot (4wd) rant

Vincent Patrick

Guest
dtmeister wrote:

> Stuart Lamble <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> How much is it worth to you? :)

> Not much. :)
>
>>> You're not a computer geek are you? :)

>> Gee, I wonder how you guessed that. :)

> Takes one to know one I guess. I once asked a friend what most annoyed
> her about me. She said that I "like all the other computer geeks" seem
> to have the annoying habit of correcting insignificant errors in
> peoples conversations - being it trivial factual errors or grammatical
> mistakes. So I took that on board, and now I get invited to all the cool
> parties. ;)

'Fess up. You mean hackers' parties now, don't you?

Science-types and engineering-types are just as bad. Er, good.

Cheers,

Vince

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Vincent Patrick said:
'Fess up. You mean hackers' parties now, don't you?

Science-types and engineering-types are just as bad. Er, good.

Like lacking the rudimentary impulse controls and basic social skills, that are possesed by most non-tech heads? Bwhahahahaha.

Random Data

Guest
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:04:46 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

> Like lacking the rudimentary impulse controls and basic social skills,
> that are possesed by most non-tech heads? Bwhahahahaha.

Compulsory h**m*t legislation.

G, D&R

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
If you call blowing things up experiments, there were a lot of

jim

Guest
For those of you wishing to theorize this...
http://gandalf.it/stupid/stupid.htm

"Vincent Patrick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> dtmeister wrote:
>
>> Stuart Lamble <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> How much is it worth to you? :)

>> Not much. :)

>>> Gee, I wonder how you guessed that. :)

>> Takes one to know one I guess. I once asked a friend what most annoyed
>> her about me. She said that I "like all the other computer geeks" seem
>> to have the annoying habit of correcting insignificant errors in
>> peoples conversations - being it trivial factual errors or grammatical
>> mistakes. So I took that on board, and now I get invited to all the cool
>> parties. ;)
>>

> 'Fess up. You mean hackers' parties now, don't you?
>
> Science-types and engineering-types are just as bad. Er, good.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vince

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
SteveA said:
Theo,

you just took about 50 years off your true age by using the feral apostophe. :D . Grumpy old buggers (includes me) usually don't fall into that trap. Its usually one for the young 'uns.

SteveA

"young 'uns" Now that's misuse of an apostrophe!

yunguns realised that apostrophes are actually early warning devices in the event of an iminent letter 'S'.

F"Eats, shoots, & leaves :D"Dutch

Resound

Guest

> "young 'uns" Now that's misuse of an apostrophe!
>
> yunguns realised that apostrophes are actually early warning devices in
> the event of an iminent letter 'S'.
>
> F"Eats, shoots, & leaves :D"Dutch

Shouldn't that be "eat's shoot's and leave's"?

SteveA

New Member
Jul 15, 2004
1,309
flyingdutch said:
"young 'uns" Now that's misuse of an apostrophe!

yunguns realised that apostrophes are actually early warning devices in the event of an iminent letter 'S'.

F"Eats, shoots, & leaves :D"Dutch

Of course, you can replace the apostrophe with the letter it is a marker for.....

..."young 'uns" becomes "young wuns" :D

Steve(testing...wun, wun, wun, too, too, too)A