My maiden anti-idiot (4wd) rant

Spoken4

Guest
I have been commuting for just over 10 weeks now ( a newbie!)after
moving jobs to a place close enough to ride each day. Been fine up till
now, as the 7am traffic is light and I use the Mullum Mullum trail for a
bit of it. However this morning....
Those of you who head out the Maroondah Highway through North Croydon
will know the cutting between Yarra road and Croydon Road. Cars comming
out of Yarra Rd and heading out towards Lilydale get a slip lane that is
long enough to make you think you can merge, but is actually too short
to do so safely. You can see it in their eyes...do i? don't i?? do i???
I start from the lights heading out and down the hill (which is great
fun generally - very fast)and a Camry in the slip lane waits for me and
the traffic to pass, however a &%^*$ in a Land Cruiser can't wait and
passes the waiting Camry *on the inside* and while I am trying to move
over to the left, appears out of nowhere on my left shoulder close
enough to touch! AND HE KEEPS SITTING THERE trying to merge next to me!
I followed what appears to be the suggested protocol of this group and
gestured to him appropriately and pulled up to him at the next lights
and suggested (loudly) that he might give me more room.
I move off at the lights and he pulls slowly up next to me as we
continue out and yells at me through his window while forcing me over
closer and closer to the gutter (at speed).
I caught him at the next lights, but had a green arrow and thought best
to keep going.
I hereby take great pleasure in announcing that all 4wd drivers are
imbeciles!
Thank you very much...

Spoken4 wrote:
<snip>
> I hereby take great pleasure in announcing that all 4wd drivers are
> imbeciles!
> Thank you very much...

Well, we already knew that SOME (not all, or even perhaps a majority) of
occupants of land barges were in that category. We also all know the old
myth about inverse co-relation between vehicle and penis size as well.
Personally, I would not tend to generalise so far, as I have met more
than adequate numbers of utter morons driving other types of vehicles.
My general rule of thumb is, assume that all other drivers are idiots.
Ninety-nine per cent of the time, you'll be wrong. The other one per
cent of the time, you'll be f---ing well want to be. I drive my own
motorised vehicle and I see roughly the same percentages behind the
wheel, and like everyone else I make mistakes as well.
Regards,
Ray.

Hi Spoken4,

Have some fun & creatively work off your anger with this bit of fun courtesy of the folks at C.I.C.L.E

:D:D:D:D:D

*************************
Subvert the Chevy Commercial Challenge
http://www.cicle.org/cicle_content/pivot/entry.php?id=530#body
Chevrolet has created a 'gimicky' website designed to advertise its monster-behemith gas guzzzler, the Tahoe. It works like this, a very simple video editing software is available online at their site. The objective is to direct a 'winning' commercial that will sell gazillions of Tahoes to unsuspecting buyers. Well, perhaps they should not have allowed the user to enter her/his own text, because that made it oh sooo easy to subvert. Way too tempting, and really quite fun too.

Spoken4 wrote:

> I hereby take great pleasure in announcing that all 4wd drivers are
> imbeciles!

I drive a 4WD occasionally. When I'm on the road I will expect _you_ to get
the hell outa my way, as I expect and demand priority over you.

Theo
12 tonne red and white 4WD with flashing lights and sirens, complete with
imbecile driver wearing yellow overalls and a funny hat.

Theo Bekkers said:
Spoken4 wrote:

> I hereby take great pleasure in announcing that all 4wd drivers are
> imbeciles!

I drive a 4WD occasionally. When I'm on the road I will expect _you_ to get
the hell outa my way, as I expect and demand priority over you.

Theo
12 tonne red and white 4WD with flashing lights and sirens, complete with
imbecile driver wearing yellow overalls and a funny hat.

let's hope your joking Theo. otherwise you just outed yourself.

Of course if the flashing lights signify fire truck ON DUTY by all means have the road/priority

flyingdutch wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>> Spoken4 wrote:

>>> I hereby take great pleasure in announcing that all 4wd drivers are
>>> imbeciles!

>> 12 tonne red and white 4WD with flashing lights and sirens, complete
>> with
>> imbecile driver wearing yellow overalls and a funny hat.

> let's hope your joking Theo. otherwise you just outed yourself.
>
> Of course if the flashing lights signify fire truck ON DUTY by all
> means have the road/priority

Yes, I drive a fire truck as a Vollie. I was trying to point out to Spoken4
that some 4WDs are not being driven by imbeciles. Only an imbecile would
make such a statement.

Theo

Theo Bekkers said:

Yes, I drive a fire truck as a Vollie. I was trying to point out to Spoken4
that some 4WDs are not being driven by imbeciles. Only an imbecile would
make such a statement.

Theo

only emergencies 4wds with their lights flashing?? All others are driven by imbeciles?? :p

I witnessed a curious bit of road rage on the way home last night. In a queue at lights (yes in the metal box) and the guy 2 cars up, gets out of his car, walks halfway btn his car and the car directly in front of me, very angry, hurling abuse and finger pointing at the driver in front of me. Abuser storms back to his little rustbuckettincan (TM), opens the door to get in, hurls more abuse for good luck at the guy in front of me, gets in the car, closes door then sticks his head out the window and abuses some more. Why??? Beats me - the guy in front wasn't doing anything "wrong" that I could see ie tailgating etc. Maybe just cos he was asian in an audi?????

People are FREAKS!!! i tellya!

warrwych said:
I witnessed a curious bit of road rage on the way home last night. In a queue at lights (yes in the metal box) and the guy 2 cars up, gets out of his car, walks halfway btn his car and the car directly in front of me, very angry, hurling abuse and finger pointing at the driver in front of me. Abuser storms back to his little rustbuckettincan (TM), opens the door to get in, hurls more abuse for good luck at the guy in front of me, gets in the car, closes door then sticks his head out the window and abuses some more. Why??? Beats me - the guy in front wasn't doing anything "wrong" that I could see ie tailgating etc. Maybe just cos he was asian in an audi?????

People are FREAKS!!! i tellya!

someone told me once they were on the recieving end of an identical red-light rant. the silly bugger realsied as he got to his car he had locked himslef out of the car, so said mate went around waving and smiling profusely, holding out piky finger to indicate ize of guy's brain or 'other' thnking implement :D:D:D

or i could recite the 'CarKeys_on_shop_awning™' trick i patented many years ago :D:D:D

flyingdutch said:
someone told me once they were on the recieving end of an identical red-light rant. the silly bugger realsied as he got to his car he had locked himslef out of the car, so said mate went around waving and smiling profusely, holding out piky finger to indicate ize of guy's brain or 'other' thnking implement :D:D:D

or i could recite the 'CarKeys_on_shop_awning™' trick i patented many years ago :D:D:D

That's a pearler FD!!!

Mr Legs always promises to grab the keys out of the ignition of a bicycle rager's car and throw them in the bushes if he gets the opportunity. This ploy requires that bushes be handy, of course ;)

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> Spoken4 wrote:
>
> > I hereby take great pleasure in announcing that all 4wd drivers are
> > imbeciles!

> I drive a 4WD occasionally. When I'm on the road I will expect _you_ to get
> the hell outa my way, as I expect and demand priority over you.
>
> Theo
> 12 tonne red and white 4WD with flashing lights and sirens, complete with
> imbecile driver wearing yellow overalls and a funny hat.

yeah yeah yeah.. how many posts do you have to make about you and your
4WD?????

gets boring after a while... get some new material

> Yes, I drive a fire truck as a Vollie. I was trying to point out to Spoken4
> that some 4WDs are not being driven by imbeciles. Only an imbecile would
> make such a statement.
>
> Theo

Correct that is a 4 wheel drive TRUCK, it is not a 4wd by the common
usage. WE would all probably be better off if 4wd drivers had to pass
the extract Truck licence.

alex wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> 12 tonne red and white 4WD with flashing lights and sirens, complete
>> with imbecile driver wearing yellow overalls and a funny hat.

> yeah yeah yeah.. how many posts do you have to make about you and your
> 4WD?????
>
> gets boring after a while... get some new material

I think I mention 4WD's less often than most posters here and never bring up
the subject.

Theo

Theo Bekkers said:
alex wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> 12 tonne red and white 4WD with flashing lights and sirens, complete
>> with imbecile driver wearing yellow overalls and a funny hat.

> yeah yeah yeah.. how many posts do you have to make about you and your
> 4WD?????
>
> gets boring after a while... get some new material

I think I mention 4WD's less often than most posters here and never bring up
the subject.

Theo

4WD4wD4wd4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD4WD

Hey.. Did I mention I drive a 4Wd too??? It's a landcruiser :eek: (but I wasn't driving it towards Lilydale this morning - that would have been Mr Legs :D :D :p )

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:26:34 +1000, warrwych wrote:

> Hey.. Did I mention I drive a 4Wd too??? It's a landcruiser :eek:

Burn the heretic! (in an environmentally responsible way of course) Oh, and
ignore the fact I've got one too please (to be converted to WVO as soon as
I can find a cheap secondary tank) :)

Graeme

Sounds like a city 4wder.
Makes you wonder why they drive them on the bitumen for years -
I actually drive a 4wd and ride a bicycle! OMG how can I actually admit to
both? I sit behind a cyclist until it is safe to pass, going onto the other
side of the road to do so. Mind you I know most of the cyclists in this
area. But then again - I dont live in a city, in fact we dont even have
traffic lights, never lone "merging lanes"!!! Maybe that makes me
"different" to the city 4wder who really doesnt need a 4wd at all????
Kathy

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:00:54 +1000
just us <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sounds like a city 4wder.
> Makes you wonder why they drive them on the bitumen for years -

4WDs are one of the few vehicles you can buy that have enough mass to
tow a decent sized boat, or caravan, or a double horse float.

Mum's elderly F100 is the only vehicle we had, including the V8
Valiant, which didn't get dictated to by a double horsefloat and 2
impatient horses. THe modern equivalent is a Landcruiser or Range
Rover - heavy enough to do a decent towing job, powerful enough to
manage hills at highway speed with the heavy load, and comfortable
enough to do long distances.

I dunno how many owners of big 4WDs use them as tugs, but probably
more than you realise if you see the thing without the trailer.

Zebee