My "me" philosophy

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Amberle3, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Amberle3

    Amberle3 Guest

    I'm being inspired by the new Curves commercials, that feature women confessing about how they're
    being selfish and taking time out for themselves etc. So this is my version!

    It has long been established that we currently live in a fast-food society. Not only has this
    affected the quality (and quantity!) of the food we eat, but also how we've come to expect
    everything NOW. It's no longer good enough to wait a whole day for that slice of fresh bread when
    you can bake a whole loaf in 2 hours. Heck even 2 hours seems long now!

    Well I'm sick and tired of being rushed. I *deserve* to have time spent on me. And in this fast-food
    society, if I have a choice (and I do!) then instead of being a hamburger well dammit I'm going to
    be filet mignon. Sure it's more work, and it takes longer, but it's worth it!

    I *could* lose weight the quick and easy way, but that's all I'd be doing - losing weight. I
    wouldn't be getting healthy, or fit. I wouldn't be learning a new way of eating and living to
    maintain that weight loss. I'd just be going for the hamburger of life. I'm not a McPerson. Instead
    I'm chosing to take the time to do it right, to learn what's contributed to my weight gain and how
    to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm chosing the filet mignon. Because I deserve it.

    Amberle3 (a little longer than the 15-second commercials though!)
    --
    Amberle3
    249/220/215-minigoal/150?

    - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm
    - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Tags:

  2. Great philosophy Amberle. We all need to live by this. Thanks for posting it.

    Brenda

    "Amberle3" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm being inspired by the new Curves commercials, that feature women confessing about how they're
    > being selfish and taking time out for themselves etc. So this is my version!
    >
    > It has long been established that we currently live in a fast-food society. Not only has this
    > affected the quality (and quantity!) of the food we eat, but also how we've come to expect
    > everything NOW. It's no longer good enough to wait a whole day for that slice of fresh bread when
    > you can bake a whole loaf in 2 hours. Heck even 2 hours seems long now!
    >
    > Well I'm sick and tired of being rushed. I *deserve* to have time spent on me. And in this fast-
    > food society, if I have a choice (and I do!) then instead of being a hamburger well dammit I'm
    > going to be filet mignon. Sure it's more work, and it takes longer, but it's worth it!
    >
    > I *could* lose weight the quick and easy way, but that's all I'd be doing - losing weight. I
    > wouldn't be getting healthy, or fit. I wouldn't be learning a new way of eating and living to
    > maintain that weight loss. I'd just be going for the hamburger of life. I'm not a McPerson.
    > Instead I'm chosing to take the time to do it right, to learn what's contributed to my weight gain
    > and how to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm chosing the filet mignon. Because I deserve it.
    >
    > Amberle3 (a little longer than the 15-second commercials though!)
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/220/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

  3. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    What a great way of putting it, Amberle! I 'm with you there, but being a vegetarian I ' d rather
    not choose for the filet mignon ;-) Let 's say I go for the home-made bread... Indeed I 'd rather
    have quality than speed in this whole process.

    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "Amberle3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm being inspired by the new Curves commercials, that feature women confessing about how they're
    > being selfish and taking time out for themselves etc. So this is my version!
    >
    > It has long been established that we currently live in a fast-food society. Not only has this
    > affected the quality (and quantity!) of the food we eat, but also how we've come to expect
    > everything NOW. It's no longer good enough to wait a whole day for that slice of fresh bread when
    > you can bake a whole loaf in 2 hours. Heck even 2 hours seems long now!
    >
    > Well I'm sick and tired of being rushed. I *deserve* to have time spent on me. And in this fast-
    > food society, if I have a choice (and I do!) then instead of being a hamburger well dammit I'm
    > going to be filet mignon. Sure it's more work, and it takes longer, but it's worth it!
    >
    > I *could* lose weight the quick and easy way, but that's all I'd be doing - losing weight. I
    > wouldn't be getting healthy, or fit. I wouldn't be learning a new way of eating and living to
    > maintain that weight loss. I'd just be going for the hamburger of life. I'm not a McPerson.
    > Instead I'm chosing to take the time to do it right, to learn what's contributed to my weight gain
    > and how to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm chosing the filet mignon. Because I deserve it.
    >
    > Amberle3 (a little longer than the 15-second commercials though!)
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/220/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

  4. excellent post, Lee
    Amberle3 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm being inspired by the new Curves commercials, that feature women confessing about how they're
    > being selfish and taking time out for themselves etc. So this is my version!
    >
    > It has long been established that we currently live in a fast-food society. Not only has this
    > affected the quality (and quantity!) of the food we eat, but also how we've come to expect
    > everything NOW. It's no longer good enough to wait a whole day for that slice of fresh bread when
    > you can bake a whole loaf in 2 hours. Heck even 2 hours seems long now!
    >
    > Well I'm sick and tired of being rushed. I *deserve* to have time spent on me. And in this fast-
    > food society, if I have a choice (and I do!) then instead of being a hamburger well dammit I'm
    > going to be filet mignon. Sure it's more work, and it takes longer, but it's worth it!
    >
    > I *could* lose weight the quick and easy way, but that's all I'd be doing - losing weight. I
    > wouldn't be getting healthy, or fit. I wouldn't be learning a new way of eating and living to
    > maintain that weight loss. I'd just be going for the hamburger of life. I'm not a McPerson.
    > Instead I'm chosing to take the time to do it right, to learn what's contributed to my weight gain
    > and how to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm chosing the filet mignon. Because I deserve it.
    >
    > Amberle3 (a little longer than the 15-second commercials though!)
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/220/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

  5. Connie Walsh

    Connie Walsh Guest

    WTG Amberle!

    Amberle3 wrote:
    > I'm being inspired by the new Curves commercials, that feature women confessing about how they're
    > being selfish and taking time out for themselves etc. So this is my version!
    >
    > It has long been established that we currently live in a fast-food society. Not only has this
    > affected the quality (and quantity!) of the food we eat, but also how we've come to expect
    > everything NOW. It's no longer good enough to wait a whole day for that slice of fresh bread when
    > you can bake a whole loaf in 2 hours. Heck even 2 hours seems long now!
    >
    > Well I'm sick and tired of being rushed. I *deserve* to have time spent on me. And in this fast-
    > food society, if I have a choice (and I do!) then instead of being a hamburger well dammit I'm
    > going to be filet mignon. Sure it's more work, and it takes longer, but it's worth it!
    >
    > I *could* lose weight the quick and easy way, but that's all I'd be doing - losing weight. I
    > wouldn't be getting healthy, or fit. I wouldn't be learning a new way of eating and living to
    > maintain that weight loss. I'd just be going for the hamburger of life. I'm not a McPerson.
    > Instead I'm chosing to take the time to do it right, to learn what's contributed to my weight gain
    > and how to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm chosing the filet mignon. Because I deserve it.
    >
    > Amberle3 (a little longer than the 15-second commercials though!)
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/220/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

  6. I think more people should use the "me" philosophy! Only by taking care of yourself, can you do
    anything for anyone else. AND if you don't put yourself first, someone else might just have to end
    up caring for you! Give yourself time including quiet time as this is necessary to heal the spirit
    during rough times. Elaine K

    Amberle3 wrote:

    >I'm being inspired by the new Curves commercials, that feature women confessing about how they're
    >being selfish and taking time out for themselves etc. So this is my version!
    >
    >It has long been established that we currently live in a fast-food society. Not only has this
    >affected the quality (and quantity!) of the food we eat, but also how we've come to expect
    >everything NOW. It's no longer good enough to wait a whole day for that slice of fresh bread when
    >you can bake a whole loaf in 2 hours. Heck even 2 hours seems long now!
    >
    >Well I'm sick and tired of being rushed. I *deserve* to have time spent on me. And in this fast-
    >food society, if I have a choice (and I do!) then instead of being a hamburger well dammit I'm
    >going to be filet mignon. Sure it's more work, and it takes longer, but it's worth it!
    >
    >I *could* lose weight the quick and easy way, but that's all I'd be doing - losing weight. I
    >wouldn't be getting healthy, or fit. I wouldn't be learning a new way of eating and living to
    >maintain that weight loss. I'd just be going for the hamburger of life. I'm not a McPerson. Instead
    >I'm chosing to take the time to do it right, to learn what's contributed to my weight gain and how
    >to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm chosing the filet mignon. Because I deserve it.
    >
    >Amberle3 (a little longer than the 15-second commercials though!)
    >--
    >Amberle3
    >249/220/215-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    >- New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm
    >- Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    >- Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

  7. Carol In Nc

    Carol In Nc Guest

    Wonderful post, Amberle. I totally agree.

    Carol

    318/234/169
    84 lost since December 2002
    I am a slim person in process.
    "Amberle3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm being inspired by the new Curves commercials, that feature women
    > confessing about how they're being selfish and taking time out for
    > themselves etc. So this is my version!
    >
    > It has long been established that we currently live in a fast-food
    > society. Not only has this affected the quality (and quantity!) of the
    > food we eat, but also how we've come to expect everything NOW. It's no
    > longer good enough to wait a whole day for that slice of fresh bread
    > when you can bake a whole loaf in 2 hours. Heck even 2 hours seems long
    > now!
    >
    > Well I'm sick and tired of being rushed. I *deserve* to have time spent
    > on me. And in this fast-food society, if I have a choice (and I do!)
    > then instead of being a hamburger well dammit I'm going to be filet
    > mignon. Sure it's more work, and it takes longer, but it's worth it!
    >
    > I *could* lose weight the quick and easy way, but that's all I'd be
    > doing - losing weight. I wouldn't be getting healthy, or fit. I
    > wouldn't be learning a new way of eating and living to maintain that
    > weight loss. I'd just be going for the hamburger of life. I'm not a
    > McPerson. Instead I'm chosing to take the time to do it right, to learn
    > what's contributed to my weight gain and how to make sure it doesn't
    > happen again. I'm chosing the filet mignon. Because I deserve it.
    >
    > Amberle3
    > (a little longer than the 15-second commercials though!)
    > --
    > Amberle3
    > 249/220/215-minigoal/150?
    > Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03
    >
    > - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm
    > - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm
    > - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    > http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

  8. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Nathalie W wrote:

    > What a great way of putting it, Amberle! I 'm with you there, but being a vegetarian I ' d rather
    > not choose for the filet mignon ;-) Let 's say I go for the home-made bread... Indeed I 'd rather
    > have quality than speed in this whole process.

    Too right! With hamburger life, you get 'never mind the quality, feel the width!' With real life you
    get less width, more quality, and look at the increased yardage!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!