General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

My mom's Gal Bladder Surgery?

Started by Arthi · · Last activity · 2 posts · 3,033 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 April 2004
Last activity
17 April 2004
Original author
Arthi
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,033
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi My mom is going to have her Gall Bladder removed in May.
    She is having this procedure done because she has Gall
    Stones. This was discovered by her surgeon who performed a
    hysterectomy on her two years ago. She is now going into
    surgery for the removal of her gall bladder. She is very
    scared and I am wondering is there any side effects. I know
    it is a simple laposcopic surgery but we were both concerned
    about the effects of the surgery. We know and heard of
    people still not feeling so great even after the surgery. We
    also heard that it was great for other people and they do
    better after the surgery. I was wondering if anyone out
    there has went through the procedure or knows of anyone who
    went the surgery and their results. I appreicate your
    thoughts and ideas of this matter. I look forward from
    everyone's response.

    Thanks, Arthi

  2. "Arthi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi My mom is going to have her Gall Bladder removed in
    May. She is having this procedure done because she has
    Gall Stones. This was discovered by her surgeon who
    performed a hysterectomy on her two years ago. She is now
    going into surgery for the removal of her gall bladder.
    She is very scared and I am wondering is there any side
    effects. I know it is a simple laposcopic surgery but we
    were both concerned about the effects of the surgery. We
    know and heard of people still not feeling so great even
    after the surgery. We also heard that it was great for
    other people and they do better after the surgery. I was
    wondering if anyone out there has went through the
    procedure or knows of anyone who went the surgery and
    their results. I appreicate your thoughts and ideas of
    this matter. I look forward from everyone's response.

    Thanks, Arthi

    If she has no symptoms clearly attributed to her
    gallbladder, and by that I mean episodic pain or attacks of
    cholecystitis or cholangitis or pancreatitis, then you
    should find out precisely why the operation is being
    advised. Not everyone with gallstones needs surgery.

    There are risks and potential side effects to even the most
    minor surgery and I am sure your mother will be given a list
    of these at some stage. It is always a weighing up of the
    need for symptomatic relief and the prevention of possible
    future complications against risk that determines the need
    for an operation.

    The laparoscopic procedure carries at least as much risk as
    the old open operation, but is very much easier to get over.

    Peter Moran (Surgeon)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.