My MTB Video (fire roads)

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Nothing spectacular but I made a video of my ride today. I ride a fire road that is very popular with hikers now. 10 years ago I could ride up this trail and see 5 maybe 10 people. Now there are hundreds so it's not safe to go down fast. But my purpose for riding MTB in the dirt is for the climbing and fitness. After losing nearly 50 lbs in the last 6 months, I crushed 19 climbing PR's on Strava today!

12.9 miles with 2,247 ft of elevation gain. I used a couple different mounts on my Go Pro's to get different shots.

The hiker were very cool. 4 of them today shouted, "Good job!" to me. One kid and 3 women. I only caught one on video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

0CHP_zpszdcnqsjq.jpg

0CHP2_zpsig1vhgny.jpg

Why was there so many people on that trail? around here you'd have it to your self ;) no pesky walkers

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Why was there so many people on that trail? around here you'd have it to your self ;) no pesky walkers

Yeah it sucks! 10 years ago I would see maybe 5 people on a 5 mile loop. Now it's like a housewives convention every day of the week! :D Believe it or not, this was about 1/4 of the traffic as it was a holiday. Regular days now don't leave much room for riding anymore. This joint has gotten so popular. :confused: