My new 36" UW

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by onebyone, Apr 15, 2006.

  1. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

    Inspired by Brian Mackenzie, his 36" UW and his amazing riding on the
    36UW in TWNR, I decided I needed one myself.

    It has been a bit of a process.
    A radial steel rim, 25 mm cromo tubing, pedal bossed that I turned up
    at work.
    It took some hacksawing and filing to get the tubing right. I paid a
    local welding teacher a slab of beer to TIG weld the thing together and
    sweet talked my local bike shop to use their taps for the pedal
    threads.

    I decided on orange for no other reason that I like the color on
    unicycles and did not want to copy the yellow original. When I was
    talking things over with the powder coater, I also pulled my KH Muni
    apart and got it done in orange at the same time.

    The finished product. Radial tyre, Snafu pedals, orange and it looks
    great but cost more than I would have expected.

    Now...... there is only 1 slight problem....I don't know if I will be
    able to ride it but sure will try.

    --
    onebyone

    Bill Blogs is an alien!
    www.municycle.com.au
    onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

  2. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

    Trying to attach some pics

    |Filename: 36 UW 001for forums 2.jpg |

    onebyone

    Bill Blogs is an alien!
    www.municycle.com.au
    onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

  3. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

  4. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

    another pic

    |Filename: orange KH and 36 UW for forums 2.jpg |

    onebyone

    Bill Blogs is an alien!
    www.municycle.com.au
    onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

  5. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

    :|

    bahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahaahahaha!!

    that's awesome!!

    When you can ride it, post a video, i'd like to see it in action~

    I've mentioned a 36" UW to friends before, but i never thought i'd
    actually see one :p

    Are you going to have that at Chiltern in May? :D

    Good stuff,

    Ed

    --
    edsbelly

    :D Stayin' Single and Keepin it Wheel :D

    [email protected] - Add Me!! :)
    edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

  6. jake_amos

    jake_amos Guest

  7. alright! nice stuff, good to see these things getting out there!

    for those who want to see these in action, check out TWNR where I show
    running mounts, kickup mounts, stairs, drops, wooden stunts,
    trails....

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
    www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
    All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
    Sept 1 2006
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  8. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

  9. onebyone

    onebyone Guest

  10. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

    haha, yeah it does.

    i can't wait to try it, i'm really looking farward to that weekend

    it really does look like you bought it.

    It's quite excellent looking, but as Kevin said

    '36" ultimate wheel - incredibly pointless, like a BC wheel with gears'
    - Kev

    hehe..

    Brian, can you put a link in this thread please? :)

    Ed

    --

  11. edsbelly wrote:

    > Brian, can you put a link in this thread please? :)
    >
    > Ed

    The link is in my signature.

    The UW36 is just about as pointless as unicycling...

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
    www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
    All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
    Sept 2006
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  12. harper

    harper Guest

    Who cares if you can ride it? What a gorgeous photo of the two orange
    unis and colorful foliage.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

  13. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Oooo, pretty. I think I like that orange KH muni more though ;)

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    MR 'Reply 60,000' (http://tinyurl.com/qbhsa) 'Page 4000'
    (http://tinyurl.com/lyfj4)

    James_Potter wrote:
    > I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    > just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    > and eat it...mmmmmm

  14. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

    I watched the video, Brian.

    It's very good!

    The 36" UW looks like it's good to ride muni :p

    What was that contraption that was like a BC wheel.. and a unicycle?

    does it just have a bike hub on it or something? is it hard to ride?

    Ed

    --
    edsbelly

    :D Stayin' Single and Keepin it Wheel :D

    [email protected] - Add Me!! :)
    edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

  15. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    i want one. I want to make one.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Matt.
    'NEW, \"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out! BUY NOW AT
    ZAZZLE.com!' (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    *"Water. Duck's back. Yeah."* -- GILD
    Habbywall, that-a-way -------------->':cool:'
    (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com) Kristine is that-a-way, too.
    ----------->X
    *"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks."* lildude2 *PANIC
    BUTTON-->':eek: ' (http://www.geocities.com/abbabibble/mrtsb.html)*
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  16. dan de man

    dan de man Guest

    is it just me or does the kh muni look a little photo chopped i dunno i
    think its just me
    hahahaha a bc wheel wit gears i woke up my parents w/ my laughing

    --
    dan de man

    James_Potter wrote:
    > Each end has to eat. What goes in one end, comes out the other.
    > Therefore, whatever end A eats, let's call him Fred, what Fred eats has
    > to come out of side 2, let's call him Charlie. Whatever Charlie eats
    > must come out of Fred.
    >
    > It's gruesome, I know. But the truth hurts sometimes.

    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

  17. zippy

    zippy Guest

  18. id like to see a 36 impossible

    --
    skianduniaddict

    number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
    ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
    my cat bob ate four kids;)
    i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
    skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

  19. mawesome

    mawesome Guest

    Dude!
    That thing was awesome. I can't wait to make mine.

    --
    mawesome

    mawesome's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11724