Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

My new bike! I need help!

Started by Nas_kaj · · Last activity · 3 posts · 897 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 September 2008
Last activity
3 September 2008
Original author
Nas_kaj
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
897
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just got a 2008 Bianchi Pista. I need some opinions from your guys. Is it a good track bike? Is it a good commuter bike? What do I need to get for it? Keep in mind, I live in New York City.

  2. Nas_kaj said:

    What do I need to get for it?


    It's a new bike, all you need is to get on it and ride.

    Or are you intimating that you're a new rider, and don't have any bike related supplies or maintenance equipment?

  3. Nas_kaj said:

    Just got a 2008 Bianchi Pista. I need some opinions from your guys. Is it a good track bike? Is it a good commuter bike? What do I need to get for it? Keep in mind, I live in New York City.

    If you are going to commute, I would put at least a front brake on it. And some sort of fenders. Also 48/16 is a pretty tall gear for commuting but YMMV.

    As a pista bike, depends on the crank arm length. 165(smallish->middle of the road size) or 170(big size) are best.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.