Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

My New Bike Light

Started by Michael J. Klein · · Last activity · 2 posts · 359 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 August 2005
Last activity
15 September 2005
Original author
Michael J. Klein
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
359
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On way down a bumby road this evening, my trusty C-cell front light
    decided to comitt suicide by jumping of its mount at speed and
    smashing itself into pieces. It was successful.

    I was on my way to our local night market (Taiwan is famous for these
    night markets). Every week there are several guys selling various
    brands and types of lights, including high-output LED jobs. I decided
    to check some out since I was going to be riding home in the dark
    otherwise.

    I found a "3 watt" single HO LED and it is *damn* bright! The unit is
    a machined aluminum casing with a rubber "dome" switch and comes with
    a belt pouch. I asked him to throw in a handlebar clamp and he did.
    After installing of the nicest and easiest clamps I have ever used, I
    rode home with a very bright light indeed. There is also a flash
    mode. Total cost, NT$1,000 or US$30.91 at today's exchange rate. He
    wanted more but I talked him down.

    Michael J. Klein & Asian Castings Consortium
    [email hidden]
    Yangmei Jen (Hukou), Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
    Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings
    ---------------------------------------------

  2. Michael J. Klein said:

    On way down a bumby road this evening, my trusty C-cell front light
    decided to comitt suicide by jumping of its mount at speed and
    smashing itself into pieces. It was successful.

    I was on my way to our local night market (Taiwan is famous for these
    night markets). Every week there are several guys selling various
    brands and types of lights, including high-output LED jobs. I decided
    to check some out since I was going to be riding home in the dark
    otherwise.

    I always go to the big night market in Taipei near the Shilin MRT
    station, and don't see any bicycle stuff. Maybe out in Taoyuan county
    there are more people bicycling than in Taipei.

    I did buy four Taiwan-made Bromptons in Taipei though.

    Quoted message said:

    I found a "3 watt" single HO LED and it is *damn* bright! The unit is
    a machined aluminum casing with a rubber "dome" switch and comes with
    a belt pouch. I asked him to throw in a handlebar clamp and he did.
    After installing of the nicest and easiest clamps I have ever used, I
    rode home with a very bright light indeed. There is also a flash
    mode. Total cost, NT$1,000 or US$30.91 at today's exchange rate. He
    wanted more but I talked him down.

    Pretty good price for a 3W LED lamp.

    If you get the chance, go to the Taipei Cycle Show in March. You should
    have no trouble getting in, plus they open it to the public for one day
    as well. It's very interesting to see all the kinds of stuff that never
    make it to the U.S..

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.