My New bike

sweet as. Get out there and rack up the Kays!!

Enjoy.

Where did you get it from? How was the fitting & service in general?

Thx for that mate, yup i'm looking forward to getting her out for her first spin! I got the bike from the Pro-Am bicycle centre in Albany Creek Brisbane. Looks like they mostly stock avanti , there are some really nice bikes there , glad I got this one , it was the last in my size, phew! Anyway the service was good , no jargon just the facts , he fiitted me up in ten minutes , used plumb bobs etc, it felt nice just sitting on the bike lol, Then I took her for a spin , Man it was like riding on air , she just glided two inches off the ground lol. Anyway it was well worth the visit, good service, no sales pitch etc, I'll certainly be going back to that shop! And for under $2.000 I think i did well!
Bayrunner.

Mate thats a sweet ride. Sweeter deal!!! Congrats!!!:) :) :)

One thing... Get those front and rear deflectors off your bike...

congrats on finally finding one. yeah get rid of those deflectors - really detracts from its slickness...

Omg

Prey Where What Will He Replace Them With

The Red And White Reflectors Are Required By Law

Who Cares About Slickness Value If It Ends Up Underneath A Bloody Truck Because The Driver Did Not See Him

Why Is It That We Have To Sacrifice Safety While On The Road And Then Cry Foul Over Motorists Not Seeing Us When It Is Your I Repeat Your Resoponsibility To Be Safe And Be Seen On The Roads

Ht 606

And Macrolicity

Give Yourselves Un Uppercut

I Take No Excuses When It Comes To Safety And Anyone Else That Disputes The Facts Over Being Seen On The Roads Should Ride The Bus

you dont need them when youre racing on a closed circuit do you?
of course it would be silly not to have them while commuting. isnt it also a requirement to have a bell/horn thingo on the bike in this case?

my apologies in the case if it used for circuit training it wasnt clearly noted in the forum or my caffeine addiction has left me more eager than i thought but

if it is for track work my apologies

OK Chill Pills for all...

Rid the deflectors and replace them with lights.

If you are riding on streets with many cars, deflectors will not be adequate anyways. A good set of lights are definitely a must.... I agree with everyone and anyone...

OK...case closed...I'm sorry too....;)

Quite right if you are riding on the road it is law to have deflectors even if you are riding in day light. With these days gettin darker a good set of bike lights are a must. I have a good set that light up for a good distance for me these are also required at night. Like has been said a bell is also required by law it is also handy if you are on a bikeway and taking it easy it will give pedestrians some warnin and the dumb ones have no excuss for you not to say a word or two:D .

Beauyboy

Is that the same bike as tested in the current Ride magazine?

That one has full 10speed 105 groupset...

Been looking at the bikes available in the $1500-2000 mark...

Just had a look at http://www.pro-am.com.au/ which have the '06 9speed Carbonio for $1,999... The Carbonio in Ride Magazine is the '06 with 10speed...

Yes it is the nine speed! I had 14 on my other bike so I think another 4 will do me fine , What was the price of the 10 speed, I never looked , was it $ 2.000? or more. This is the 06 model I thought ? 9spd? it has all 105 gear .It says in the Pro -am cycle book its a 2006 18spd model!

Bayrunner.

The one that's tested in the current Ride magazine is a 10 speed with 105 groupset. Cost in the mag is $2,599

For two more gears than mine it works out at $300 a gear! pricewise. Im happy with 18 gears for $2.000. I talked to the guys at Pro-Am cycles about the bike you told me about, they seem to think the price is because it's team colours etc? Is that the price hike as well as two extra gears? I'm not sure?
Bayrunner.:confused:

Most certainly...

I'm looking for the most cost effective bike with 105 groupset. Alloy frame, carbon fork... Hopefully I can find one for $1250 or under...

Currently looking at the Felt F80. Online can be had for 1300+.

fauxpas said:
Most certainly...

I'm looking for the most cost effective bike with 105 groupset. Alloy frame, carbon fork... Hopefully I can find one for $1250 or under...

Currently looking atthe Felt F80. Online can be had for 1300+.
There are a few 105 bikes around at ~$1000 but there are compromises being made on the frames, wheels etc.

Some examples:
http://www.cellbikes.com.au/product.php?id=58

An ebay one

The full groupset is close to $1000 alone here in AUS, so I guess all the other components free anyway at these prices!

I would be looking for "end of season" sellouts on a Giant or Felt.

Hi , I payed $2,000 for my avanti 18 spd,105, It was down from $2.500, The review I read in the Ride magazine was an Avanti with 10 spd for $2.500 so for $500 less and 18 gears im more than happy . All the Avanti road frames come with a five year warranty for manufacturing defects and workmanship, they also have a 12 month warranty on forks ,paint and decals . all in all I think they are a great bike!
Bayrunner>:)

I have a feeling that the bike you saw was in the team colours, I seem to recall that i saw that bike in a book that said it was worth $5000 , maybe its a missprint? as well mine is a different colour! hope that helps.
Bayrunner.:D