My new coffee table

On 12 Oct 2006 11:11:43 -0700, "David Martin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Nigel Cliffe wrote:
>> Tom Crispin wrote:
>> > As promised...
>> >
>> > http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/frontc
>> >
>> > http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/backc
>> >
>> > http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/back

>> Looks superb.
>> (The table is Ok as well :) ).

>but did you spot the artfully hidden Soreen, baked beans and colemans
>mustard?
>
>(You went shopping just for those, didn't you?)

I bought some oranges too.

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2006 11:11:43 -0700, "David Martin"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Nigel Cliffe wrote:

>>> Looks superb.
>>> (The table is Ok as well :) ).

>> but did you spot the artfully hidden Soreen, baked beans and colemans
>> mustard?
>>
>> (You went shopping just for those, didn't you?)

> I bought some oranges too.

And you're just waiting for the skeleton to rot down nice and clean, I
guess.

"Ambrose Nankivell" <firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Crispin wrote:
>> On 12 Oct 2006 11:11:43 -0700, "David Martin"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> but did you spot the artfully hidden Soreen, baked beans and colemans
>>> mustard?
>>>
>>> (You went shopping just for those, didn't you?)

>> I bought some oranges too.

> And you're just waiting for the skeleton to rot down nice and clean, I
> guess.

But is it in his cupboard?

Tom Crispin wrote:
> As promised...
>
> http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/frontc
>
> http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/backc
>
> http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/back

Will TFL send some to my kids' school if I ask nicely? I couldn't find
it on their website and the school is currently submitting its
transport plan so such things might be appreciated.

I took the kids to school yesterday, one on a bike and one on a scooter
and it was great to see the number on bikes. It being a
nursery/infant/primary they're mostly on the path with stabilisers but
you have to start somewhere.

dkahn400 wrote:
> Tom Crispin wrote:
> > As promised...
> >
> > http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/frontc
> >
> > http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/backc
> >
> > http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/back

> Fat Eric and the Swamp Monster will burst a blood vessel when they get
> wind of it. :)

Here's hoping... (no, retract that, it was nasty). Should they be so
upset and suffer ill health as a result, it shows that cycling as part
of everyday exercise is key in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

...d

David Martin wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:

> > Fat Eric and the Swamp Monster will burst a blood vessel when they get
> > wind of it. :)

> Here's hoping... (no, retract that, it was nasty). Should they be so
> upset and suffer ill health as a result, it shows that cycling as part
> of everyday exercise is key in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Make no mistake, I think the factsheet is superb. I did express
reservations about it letting TfL put their logo on it, and even though
it looks great now I still have misgivings about it. Consider the
following scenario.

Fat Eric gets hold of the leaflet and asks questions in the House.
Front bench transport spokesmen agree. TfL and the mayor are branded as
irresponsible, and are accused of allowing themselves to be taken in by
pro-cycling fanatics. TfL back down and withdraw the leaflet. Now the
original leaflet is discredited and anyone still working with it can be
criticised as using material withdrawn by TfL on safety grounds.

I hope it doesn't pan out that way.

--
Dave...

On 13 Oct 2006 01:02:59 -0700, "POHB" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tom Crispin wrote:
>> As promised...
>>
>> http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/frontc
>>
>> http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/backc
>>
>> http://www.johnballcycling.org.uk/images/back

>Will TFL send some to my kids' school if I ask nicely? I couldn't find
>it on their website and the school is currently submitting its
>transport plan so such things might be appreciated.
>
>I took the kids to school yesterday, one on a bike and one on a scooter
>and it was great to see the number on bikes. It being a
>nursery/infant/primary they're mostly on the path with stabilisers but
>you have to start somewhere.

So far they've printed 5,000. If you email me, leaflet *at*
johnballcycling.org.uk, I'll forward to you the email address of the
person handling the leaflet distribution.

dkahn400 wrote:

> Fat Eric gets hold of the leaflet and asks questions in the House.
> Front bench transport spokesmen agree. TfL and the mayor are branded as
> irresponsible, and are accused of allowing themselves to be taken in by
> pro-cycling fanatics. TfL back down and withdraw the leaflet. Now the
> original leaflet is discredited and anyone still working with it can be
> criticised as using material withdrawn by TfL on safety grounds.

That is an extremely pessimistic view. Hopefully *if* the leaflet is
attacked, those in TfL who supported it will continue to support it, and it
won't get withdrawn.
--
Chris

Tom Crispin wrote:
> So far they've printed 5,000. If you email me, leaflet *at*
> johnballcycling.org.uk, I'll forward to you the email address of the
> person handling the leaflet distribution.

I got 500 sent to the school, one for each kid and they've all been
given one this week.
Good stuff. One comment was that it was unusually pleasing to see TFL
not wasting money on designing their own leaflet when there was a good
one already out there to re-use.

POHB wrote:
> Tom Crispin wrote:
> > So far they've printed 5,000. If you email me, leaflet *at*
> > johnballcycling.org.uk, I'll forward to you the email address of the
> > person handling the leaflet distribution.

> I got 500 sent to the school, one for each kid and they've all been
> given one this week.
> Good stuff. One comment was that it was unusually pleasing to see TFL
> not wasting money on designing their own leaflet when there was a good
> one already out there to re-use.

You are near Kingston? Which school was that?

...d (brought up in New Malden)