Cycling Training Β· Public discussion

My new Computrainer arrived today...

Started by drcobol Β· Β· Last activity Β· 3 posts Β· 1,416 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
16 January 2008
Last activity
16 January 2008
Original author
drcobol
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,416
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone have any last minute advice or commentary before I do the final connections and take this puppy for a ride? πŸ˜„

  2. Be sure to understand the calibration process, and resist the temptation so skip warming the trainer up fully. It's the only way to get consistent results. They cover it pretty well in the manual, except that you should be fine with a calibration number between 2.1 and 2.5, as long as your tire doesn't slip. I think they give a chart in the manual about expected grades and corresponding calibration numbers, but in their forum they seem to say that the higher numbers aren't really necessary as long as your tire doesn't slip.

    Go get some ergvideos (ergvideo.com). They work with the ergo mode, and they give you something to interact with when you're training.

    Have fun!

    Steve

  3. drcobol said:

    Does anyone have any last minute advice or commentary before I do the final connections and take this puppy for a ride? πŸ˜„

    read the manual(s)! There are a lot of simple yet very useful features embedded in the handlebar controller itself. You can use 'programs' 0-9 to dial in a fixed resistance and use the CT in what I'd call mag-trainer mode. You can use ERGO mode and dial in fixed wattage manually - I use this mode a LOT.

    Now there are some other programs available (10 and up) there that I don't use. Generally if I want some variety or something longer I'll plug in my laptop and use 3D mode on a variety of courses which I've collated and/or built over the years.

    The CS (coaching) software allows other options. One I've used is a pre-programmed series of power ramps, steps, times in ergo mode. For example using a text editor you can create a std. 6x5WI/5RI Vo2max workout. Just warmup, set the RRC, and start the CS running your .erg file and it will control the power for you automatically thru the entire workout. Or you can easily program in a 2x20 with a set rest interval.

    Ergvideo and other add-ons are out there too ... look good from the demos and what I've read but I haven't used any of them.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users Β· 0 guests Β·0 bots Β·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.