my new dymo & lights are on the way

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Jan 28, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Just ordered the new dymotec S12 bottle generator, Lumotec ovalplus S12 and Dtoplight S12 [rear
    light] Finally a 12volt dymo is for the offering. My SON was nice but on a long ride the drag with
    the unit off would get to me. My old FER generator was nice in the fact that you could disingage and
    have no drag.Both the FER and the SON were 6volt and did a fair job of producing light.The drag from
    the Dymotec S12 is supposed to be that of a 6 volt dymo.No where close to the SON[power on] but a
    lot better than the FER [power on]. Let there be light!!!!!!! 12volts rule

    Tags:

  2. La

    La Guest

    Bill, It sounds like you have some experience with bottle generators and seem to be satisfied with
    the technology, but, what about a hub generator? Other than cost, why would you use a bottle
    generator?

    Bill B wrote:

    > Just ordered the new dymotec S12 bottle generator, Lumotec ovalplus S12 and Dtoplight S12 [rear
    > light] Finally a 12volt dymo is for the offering. My SON was nice but on a long ride the drag with
    > the unit off would get to me. My old FER generator was nice in the fact that you could disingage
    > and have no drag.Both the FER and the SON were 6volt and did a fair job of producing light.The
    > drag from the Dymotec S12 is supposed to be that of a 6 volt dymo.No where close to the SON[power
    > on] but a lot better than the FER [power on]. Let there be light!!!!!!! 12volts rule

  3. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    LA <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bill, It sounds like you have some experience with bottle generators and seem to be satisfied with
    > the technology, but, what about a hub generator? Other than cost, why would you use a bottle
    > generator?
    >
    > Bill B wrote:
    >
    > > Just ordered the new dymotec S12 bottle generator, Lumotec ovalplus S12 and Dtoplight S12
    > > [rear light] Finally a 12volt dymo is for the offering. My SON was nice but on a long ride the
    > > drag with the unit off would get to me. My old FER generator was nice in the fact that you
    > > could disingage and have no drag.Both the FER and the SON were 6volt and did a fair job of
    > > producing light.The drag from the Dymotec S12 is supposed to be that of a 6 volt dymo.No where
    > > close to the SON[power on] but a lot better than the FER [power on]. Let there be light!!!!!!!
    > > 12volts rule

    read my post again. i have a hub Dymo [SON] and its OK But it does have rolling resistance when off
    which really starts to wear me out on the day time centuries.M y night rides last longer than a
    battery l2 volt system will last and the 6volt HUB doesn't light up the road well enough for me even
    running two 3 watt bulbs[at 11 or 12 mph]