My new flat and the bad news

Gadget

Guest
I have just moved out of my parents house into a new flat. Yippee, liberated freedom and all that
malarkey. Downside is all the bills, rent, costs, etc. And the biggest downside is my cycle commute
has shrunk from 7.5 miles to a measly 1.5 miles. Some one in a previous post said take the scenic
route, but that is the scenic route. If I go straight to work it's only half a mile to get there. Oh
well, I suppose the fact that I can come home drenched in mud after a good trail blaze and not get
moaned at is a good thing. Unless the other half finds out. :eek:(

Thanks for listening to prattle on.

Gadget

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I have just moved out of my parents house into a new flat. Yippee,
liberated
> freedom and all that malarkey. Downside is all the bills, rent, costs,
etc.
> And the biggest downside is my cycle commute has shrunk from 7.5 miles to
> measly 1.5 miles. Some one in a previous post said take the scenic route, but that is the scenic
> route. If I go straight to work it's only half a
mile
> to get there. Oh well, I suppose the fact that I can come home drenched in mud after a good trail
> blaze and not get moaned at is a good thing. Unless the other half finds out. :eek:(
>
> Thanks for listening to prattle on.
>
> Gadget

It must be a very small island you live on if 1.5 miles is the longest alternative route you can
find between home and work.

Tony

--
"We haven't failed. We now know a thousand things that won't work, so we are much closer to finding
what will." Thomas Edison

"Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I have just moved out of my parents house into a new flat. Yippee,
liberated
> freedom and all that malarkey. Downside is all the bills, rent, costs,
etc.
> And the biggest downside is my cycle commute has shrunk from 7.5 miles to
> measly 1.5 miles. Some one in a previous post said take the scenic route, but that is the scenic
> route. If I go straight to work it's only half a
mile
> to get there

You'll be amazed at how much cycling you will now want to do at the weekend.

--
Cheerful pedalling John Mallard take out the_bike_ to reply

"gribblechips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Count yourself lucky - mine is only 600 yds

I suppose my 8-feet doesn't count, as the effort of getting my bike onto the upstairs landing is
more than the effort of cycling along the landing to my office!! :p

Regards,

Pete.

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the
keyboard of "Gadget" <[email protected]> wrote:
> And the biggest downside is my cycle commute has shrunk from 7.5 miles to a measly 1.5 miles.

That's not cycling distance - it's walking. Or do somthing mad like get a unicycle for it.

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)