My new frame has arrived!

mrowkoob

Dec 23, 2003
uhmm uhmmm uhmm

The Scott Cr1 Team issue in, 61 size (XXL) sold out everywhere. Not availiable to the American Public as of yet (thety will be but in the beginning only as complete bikes and not in the size xxl). I got the last XXL in Europe. They will be availiable again later this year.... maybe :D

The frame has the highest STW ever measured on a production roadframe. THe frame weight for my 61 frme is 970 grams.
Scott claims it has a weightlimit of 110 kg´s (I´m 85kg´s and 1.96 meters) It´s my first carbon frame.... I´ve been a carbon sceptic up til now. So I´ll post my experiences as the miles pile up

I´m building it up with campy record 2004.
Although with a FSA team issue isis crankset in 180mm
American Classic isis BB
Tune Stem,Seatpost,waterholders.
Selle Italia SLR saddle.
Schmolke or Rithey WCS carbon bars (haven´t decided yet)
Bartape (undecided)
Nokon cables
Training Wheels are the new DT swiss 1.1 rims, 32 Sapim laser spokes in 3 cross, and Record hubs, Record 11-23 cassette, Record skewers (although I might put tune skewers on instead)
Conti GP3000 for training and Supersonics for racing.
Race wheels haven´t decided yet, My weight does limit the options in that area.

I´ll post the complete bike in about 6 weeks. Too busy to build at the moment. :mad:

BTW did you know that Rebellin rides a Scott CR1 painted in Willier colours?

I weighed the frame, fork (uncut) and all the components (uncut cables and chain) with conti supersonic tires and tubes. 7018.7 grams, with GP3000 7158.7 grams, remember were talking about a big frame here.

Hi
Im so anxious to hear the outcome once you have riden the new frame, since i am in a similar situation 1,92' tall, and somewhat heftier than yourself +- 100kg (220pds), i presently have the Scott Comp which i am very happy with, but set myself a target that when i could do a race with hills and exceed 35km/h i would look at treating myself to a new bike. I have been eyeing the carbon scott out for some time, but had the same reservations re strength, my weight and what kind of life span a frame of this nature would have.

Would really appreciate if you could keep me posted with how you find the ride ,etc once you have completed your building of such.

Good luck and enjoy the new ride.

P.S. Maybe someone could shed some light for me re the strength, durability etc of Carbon frames.

Yeah, I can't wait to hear about the ride. Post another picture when it's built up!

Originally posted by bigfloppyllama
The Scott is the first sub 1kg frame to earn a Top Performance rating from the EFBe test.
http://www.efbe.de/erenn.htm

Agree these are very impressive test results. This Efbe test may not be the end-all predictor of frame durability, but it's the best I've seen. Note that only some brands choose to participate, and only those results are shown if manufacturer agrees to list.

well how does it go and look? dying to know? find so little literature on the web...

Originally posted by mrowkoob
BTW did you know that Rebellin rides a Scott CR1 painted in Willier colours?
Are you sure that info is current?

See: http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/news/jun08a

"It's always interesting scoping out what Gerolsteiner's Davide Rebellin is riding. In the past he's been aboard "prototype" bikes that had the stickers of Gerolsteiner's bike sponsor at the time, but didn't resemble anything the company has manufactured before or since.

For his storming Classics victory trio of Amstel Gold, Flèche Wallonne and Liège-Bastogne-Liège, Rebellin rode this Wilier Triestina, which we're assured by Wilier's Gastaldello brothers really is a carbon fiber proto - though the configuration is expected to change before anything based on this bike hits the shops."

And:
Davide Rebellin's Classics-conquering Wilier proto

Yes that´s a CR1 with a Mizuno fork. Here´s a picture of a Saunier Duval Scott... I have no idea why the sticker says Scoot.
The reason why other Scott bikes look a little different is: The head tube area on the "willier" and the Saunier duval notice how compact it is.... well it´s because it´s a size small frame. I´ll post a medium frame and you can see the difference around the headtube area. BTW next tuesday is build day!!!!!! for me. Can´t wait. I´ll post pics of my XXL and you will se it looks a little different too.

"which we're assured by Wilier's Gastaldello brothers really is a carbon fiber proto - though the configuration is expected to change before anything based on this bike hits the shops."

yeah they´ll bin the scott and make their own :p a change of configuration....