My new Guru Photon has arrived. (the build with lots of pictures)

what happens if you ride that bike in say 20 mph crosswinds? I'm a clyde so I will only have dreams of a bike that light, but that just seems INCREDIBLY light, I can't even fathom how light that is. My friends pick up my 21lbs road bike and are like "wow, thats light" obv they aren't cyclists but seriously, I just cant imagine a bike that weighs half of what mine weighs. I know when the wind blows my bike wants to get pushed around with my 240lbs on it and non aero wheels!

Originally Posted by Motobecane .

what happens if you ride that bike in say 20 mph crosswinds?

You lean in to the wind...... alot /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by steve .

Nice job with the bike, it looks awesome!

Bummer about the snow /img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

I do love the snow but It can leave now. Here is a picture from this morning. I was going to take the pictures outside but the sun finally came out and it was to bright.

I normally get my first road ride in around the middle of March and the ten day weather report looks like the time is coming. I do not need warm weather just dry snow free roads.

I have the same issue here, the roads are slick from melting snow and i get drenched from cars driving through pools of water. Fun!!

best to avoid UCI races with that bike - I have a feeling you're near the weight limit/img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif...

Last week it was nice (above freezing) and the roads were dry so I finally had a chance to get a few rides in. I must say that I was very impressed with the frame. I was expecting it to be a little flexy compared to my old Look. I was wrong this thing was much stiffer than expected. I think the biggest improvement was with the bars and stem. Even though I lost well over 100 grams the 3T stuff is very stiff and matched with the frame and wheels this bike climbs. I was very surprised at how much power went to the road when out of the saddle.

The hills in Northern Michigan better beware, I am coming for them.

Great looking bike! One thing I'd like to you to look out for (and report if it happens): When I built my Seven, I had a SRAM transmission, except for a DA front derailleur. The DA derailleur broke within the first 6 months, was replaced (nice warranty service), and broke again a few months later - at which point I replaced it with the SRAM front, and haven't had a problem in two years. I've no idea why, and only the one data point and have wondered.

I have had all summer to ride my Guru Photon and have put almost 4000 miles on it. All I can say is WOW!!! I will say that this bike does turn heads and gets many compliments.

I did not want to post any reviews until I had a chance to post accurate ones with sufficient experience. I now have the time in the saddle and here is what I think.

The frame is very stiff almost to stiff for recreational riding which is what I do. You do feel the road but the power transmission is incredible. This is a trade I will take every time. I was a little concerned at how the frame would hold up, I mean come on it only weighs 738 grams. I can say the frame has held up fine, I even put it through a stress test a few weeks ago. I was climbing a 12-15% grade with a couple of stronger riders so we were pushing hard. I was out of the saddle when the chain snapped. I went straight over the bars so fast that I landed flat on my back still clipped in holding the bike. The forward momentum kept me rolling and the rear tire slammed on the pavement hard enough to **** the wheel in the dropouts. I thought for sure the frame or wheel would be damaged. I was wrong no cracks on the frame and the carbon ENVE wheels were still true. That says a lot about both products and there durability as they hit very hard.

As far as mixing components as mentioned above everything has worked great. I did think that the shifting might be compromised due to all the different components used to save weight but I was wrong the shifting (after break-in) has been crisp and clean.

I will post reviews for every component over the next few days so check them out in the review section if you are curious.

Here is a photo from a ride this summer. I can't pass a chance to show her off.

Stoked for you! Keep the updates coming... We are announcing the 2nd Annual CF review contest in a couple weeks! Try and win something else.

Amazing bike!

I have a few questions for you....

I see you changed your handlebars - comparing your list with your latest photos. Why? Due to less weight? Did you ever try the Zipp handlebars?

Also - why the Zipp Crank and BB? are they lighter the Scrams?

And finally hows the bike?

J.