My new playground.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michael Dart, May 25, 2004.

  1. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    http://ride.snowshoemtn.com

    They're working on becoming the Whistler of the East.
    Corporate mandate and all that. It opens this weekend!

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:
    > http://ride.snowshoemtn.com
    >
    > They're working on becoming the Whistler of the East.
    > Corporate mandate and all that. It opens this weekend!

    Next to BlueKnob in PA, coldest I've ever been in my life
    was the back side of Snowshoe. 1" layer of rock-hard ice on
    every chair + ~20-minute ride = chilled to the bone!

    Bill "literally" S.

  3. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    I think were talking MTB not winter snow sports.

    I MTB 2004

  4. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I think were talking MTB not winter snow
    > sports.
    >
    > I MTB 2004

    OK. After the last Carla thread I thought maybe you had a
    rough night. You're really scarying me now, dude. Too many
    painkillers!

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  5. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Next to BlueKnob in PA, coldest I've ever been in my life
    > was the back side of Snowshoe. 1" layer of rock-hard ice
    > on every chair + ~20-minute ride = chilled to the bone!

    I assume you mean the Cupp run lift?

    How long has it been since you've been to Snowshoe? They put
    in a detatched quad over there which vastly improved that
    tedious ride.

    It can get incredibly cold there though!

  6. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I think were talking MTB not winter snow
    > sports.

    How would one know when one is too...lazy (I'm being kind
    here) to quote any context?!?

    JFTR, I was merely saying that I'd been to Showshoe (albeit
    MANY years ago), and had an "interesting" (read "painful")
    experience there.

    Bill "Crazy you so crazy" S.

  7. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    John Harlow wrote:
    >> Next to BlueKnob in PA, coldest I've ever been in my life
    >> was the back side of Snowshoe. 1" layer of rock-hard ice
    >> on every chair + ~20-minute ride = chilled to the bone!
    >>

    > I assume you mean the Cupp run lift?

    That's it. Forgot name (those brain cells permanently
    frosted?).

    > How long has it been since you've been to Snowshoe? They
    > put in a detatched quad over there which vastly improved
    > that tedious ride.

    Oh, jeez, that was back in mid/late '70s. (I was four years
    old, dammit! Married young :) )

    > It can get incredibly cold there though!

    First ever ski trip was to Canaan Valley -- bitter cold wind
    storm -- but Snowshoe the following year was even harsher,
    as I recall.

    The high-speed quad would help a LOT, though, I'm sure! That
    old triple (?) was SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW.

    Bill "pay for pain" S.

  8. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:
    > http://ride.snowshoemtn.com
    >
    > They're working on becoming the Whistler of the East.
    > Corporate mandate and all that. It opens this weekend!
    >
    > Mike

    Alright bro, it's time for you to plunk down the cabbage for
    a helcam. We need video... we need video... we need video!!!
    --
    Slacker

  9. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    Slacker <[email protected]> typed:
    > Michael Dart wrote:
    >> http://ride.snowshoemtn.com
    >>
    >> They're working on becoming the Whistler of the East.
    >> Corporate mandate and all that. It opens this weekend!
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    > Alright bro, it's time for you to plunk down the cabbage
    > for a helcam. We need video... we need video... we need
    > video!!!

    I'll see what I can do.

    Mike