My new progress

mr2turbo7

Guest
Ok about a week ago I could ride fas far as u ask, hop , gracefully
dismount, and 180 unispin.

well my unispin is not as good as it was last week.

now i can freemount indefinately, and can hop SIF and hop 180 Seat in.

Now i feel i am progressing fast. I have only ridden twice since last
week.:D

I will have a vid up later, hopefully.

--
mr2turbo7
mr2turbo7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11414

Nice job!
Expect new skill to come and go. My spins are that way. Some days I can
nail them and geep them going round and round, other days, I'm lucky if
I get in one revolution!

Keep it up and let us know what tricks you're up to. Free mounting is
an essential, I'm sure you notice how handy it is already!

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

podzol wrote:
> Nice job!
> Expect new skill to come and go. My spins are that way. Some days I can
> nail them and geep them going round and round, other days, I'm lucky if
> I get in one revolution!
>

> Keep it up and let us know what tricks you're up to. Free mounting is
> an essential, I'm sure you notice how handy it is already!

you mean unispin? dang work it mrs blake. you go girl

--
chosen

respectfully,
jonny
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/cw3lv)
:)I LOVE THIS END UP:)
open toed socks like we rock birkenstocks
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

chosen wrote:
> you mean unispin? dang work it mrs blake. you go girl

no I just mean spin.
I don't have the nerve to uni spin.

PS thanks for the go girl part. It's nice to feel recognized and
appreciated :)

--
podzol

THE MISSING WHEELS TOUR DA YOOP!
Check out the charity ride, planning is under way.
Seeking riders and support.
*http://missingwheels.unicyclist.com/ *
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

sorry no vid tonight, my fiance and I went to play some Hold Em' at a
friends house. My next thing to learn is to idle pretty well so i can
learn a 360 spin. the 180 was effortless and I landed it my 1st try.
both Seat in and SIF. I think the basis to learning a lot of Freestyle
tricks is to Idle well. Correct me if I am wrong but that just seems
to be Logical to me. I bet with a little Effort I can spin the full
360 but the hard part will probably be riding away from it.

--
mr2turbo7
mr2turbo7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11414

Please forgive my skepticism, but I've been riding for over two years,
and can do all kinds of really hard stuff, but I'm still only around
60% on my unispins. I have a hard time believing you could learn to
unispin at your level. So, by unispin, to you mean jumping up off the
unicycle, spinning it 180 degrees and landing again, or do mean jumping
up with the unicycle and spinning 180 degrees, or something else? This
http://unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=m3202401802seat is what a real
unispin looks like. If this is what you can do, my heartiest
congratulations!

I don't think it what be quite correct to say that idling is the basis
of most freestyle tricks. Don't get me wrong; idling is an important
skill, but I don't think it's any more fundamental than wheel walking,
seat out riding, backward riding, one-footed riding and hopping. To do
much serious freestyle, you have to master all these basic skills.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

"wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Yes I can uni spin (180) The first day i was doing them I could land
them pretty regular. yesterday iwas not so "on point" with my unispin.
Yesterday I landed maybe 10% of my unispin. last week i landed about
80% I can also 180 spin. As i also said in my last thread, I use to
ride BMX and did a little flatland, and i also am pretty good on a
pogo stick. (spins, twist, grabs, no foot, hands, backwards etc...)

Maybe I should rephrase my statement about Idling. It seems like it is
a lot easier to learn tricks if you can idle well and control your
balance, rather than pedaling, stoping and then throwing a trick. I do
also beleive that backwards riding has a great deal to do with ease of
learning because if u cant ride backwards then when you start to fall
backwards you maynot have the propper reaction to save the landing.

--
mr2turbo7
mr2turbo7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11414

im with jsm on this one, ive been rising for over a year and a half and
can do loadsa hard stuff, but not unispin. can you post a video of this
at somepoint? in the above post you said you landed it on the first
day, but in your other thread you said you didnt land it on the first
day :s
if you can do it, and show us a video, i will be very impressed with
your progress!

--
amanda.gallacher

'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
ChangingLINKS.com - 'Amanda rocks!'
fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
Chosen - 'i think...i...love amanda'
[email protected] - add me
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

mr2turbo7 wrote:

> Maybe I should rephrase my statement about Idling. It seems like it is
> a lot easier to learn tricks if you can idle well and control your
> balance, rather than pedaling, stoping and then throwing a trick. I do
> also beleive that backwards riding has a great deal to do with ease of
> learning because if u cant ride backwards then when you start to fall
> backwards you maynot have the propper reaction to save the landing.

This is actually, in my experience, true.

Once I learned how to idle and ride backwards, I could save myself from
falling over in just about every direction. When you get to doing some
tricks it helps to be able to do this, otherwise you would just fall
over.

You want to be able to ride with comfortable control over your
unicycle, and by being able to idle/ride backwards, riding becomes more
like walking around in that it is subconcious and very easy.

--
Spudman

*| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php)
*| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
*| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . .
. . . . . .*X* <--Chosen's spot
*| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
*|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
(http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
rendered by forrest
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

jsm wrote:
> Please forgive my skepticism, but I've been riding for over two years,
> and can do all kinds of really hard stuff, but I'm still only around
> 60% on my unispins. I have a hard time believing you could learn to
> unispin at your level. So, by unispin, to you mean jumping up off the
> unicycle, spinning it 180 degrees and landing again, or do mean jumping
> up with the unicycle and spinning 180 degrees, or something else?

I ask of what use is your skepticism?

Best case it exposes a fraud about a trivial claim.
Worst case it alienates an aspiring unicyclist.

--
Ghandi
Ghandi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11424

Ghandi wrote:
> I ask of what use is your skepticism?
>
> Best case it exposes a fraud about a trivial claim.
> Worst case it alienates an aspiring unicyclist.

umm, Gandhi...you spelled your name wrong....

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

Ghandi wrote:
> I ask of what use is your skepticism?
>
> Best case it exposes a fraud about a trivial claim.
> Worst case it alienates an aspiring unicyclist.

I wanted to make sure he understood exactly what a unispin was. His
pogo stick and flatland BMX background makes the claim very believable
to me.

This is idling.
http://unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=m320240idleR

--

amanda.gallacher wrote:
> in the above post you said you landed it on the first day, but in your
> other thread you said you didnt land it on the first day :s
> if you can do it, and show us a video, i will be very impressed with
> your progress!

I landed the trick on the first day of trying the trick... not riding a
unicycle. sorry for the confussion. And i will be the first to admit
(as I already have) that I am not the best at unispins, I just thought
it was cool that I can do them so soon. A unispin is not hard at all.
al it takes is some basic fundamentals and a bit of Nerve. the biggest
thing stopping people from not beeing able to do a certain trick is
usually not Physical it is mental. when I am trying to learn anything
new, even if it doesn't have anything to do with unicycles, i just try
to correlate it to something I already know how to do.

--
mr2turbo7
mr2turbo7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11414

that sounds pretty good, you are right about the mental thing lol i
understand the whole first day thing now ;)
post a vid :p

--

mr2turbo7 wrote:
> I am trying to learn anything new, even if it doesn't have anything to
> do with unicycles, i just try to correlate it to something I already
> know how to do.

Isn't that important in just about everything we do!! Well stated!

Keep us posted on your progress. I'd also like to know how your
unicycling experiences help other challenging things in life!