My New Ride

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Sir Ride-A-Lot, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my new ride. Also gave it a spin at
    Pemberton.

    Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/

    Tags:

  2. Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my new ride. Also gave it a spin
    > at Pemberton.
    >
    > Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/

    pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on the net....

  3. Jerry Everetts wrote:

    > Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >
    >> Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my new ride. Also gave it a spin
    >> at Pemberton.
    >>
    >> Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    >>

    > maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on the net....

    yes, you sound guiltily paranoid...

    Small Black Dog

  4. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on the net....

    My mechanic got a little uneasy when he saw the little tags on the sides of my car with my
    name/address/cell phone number on them......

    So far they've saved me a couple dead batteries and one guy flagged me down to offer to have his
    insurance company pay for the two little dimples his door put in my door when his little girl lost
    control of it in the wind...
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:41:07 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >> Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my
    new
    >> ride. Also gave it a spin at Pemberton.
    >>
    >> Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    >>

    >pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on the net....

    Using that logic, you should cover your license plate when you drive around in public.

    What do you think someone would do with your license plate info anyway?

    Here are mine in case any nefarious people want to do their thing with them:

    http://www.paradigmhosting.net/UL8.27.03/Thill101.jpg

    http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/mtbynp.jpg

    Have at it!

  6. "Jerry Everetts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > > Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my new ride. Also gave it a
    > > spin at Pemberton.
    > >
    > > Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    > >

    > pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on
    > the net....

    It wasn't the whole tag, but I fixed it. Thanks.

  7. (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
    > RE/
    >
    >>pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on
    >>the net....
    >

    > My mechanic got a little uneasy when he saw the little tags on the sides of my car with my
    > name/address/cell phone number on them......
    >
    > So far they've saved me a couple dead batteries and one guy flagged me down to offer to have his
    > insurance company pay for the two little dimples his door put in my door when his little girl lost
    > control of it in the wind...
    Yeah well.... I am paranoid then ;)

  8. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > RE/
    > >pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on the
    > >net....
    >
    > My mechanic got a little uneasy when he saw the little tags on the sides
    of my
    > car with my name/address/cell phone number on them......
    >
    > So far they've saved me a couple dead batteries and one guy flagged me
    down to
    > offer to have his insurance company pay for the two little dimples his
    door put
    > in my door when his little girl lost control of it in the wind...

    So; I see tags, drive around to address, make initial visual inspection of property, make a 'wrong
    number' cellphone call to you and ask for 'Mrs.' Cresswell. You tell me that I've got the wrong
    number. I ask if I can call her at work. You tell me she is/isn't at work and probably tell me when
    I can contact her. Maybe you even supply me with a home/mobile number for her. With this info I can
    confirm that the property is vacant/occupied. If vacant, enter property and browse.

    Seems like to much of a risk for me. And before you tell me that I'm paranoid a similar thing
    happened to a friend that lost a wallet at a gym. The person phoned and offered to 'return to the
    wallet' the next day but he (my friend) was at work of course. The wallet had a card in it with a
    home address. You're braver than I am! :)
    --
    Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

  9. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:22:54 -0500, "Sir Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Jerry Everetts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >> > Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up
    my new
    >> > ride. Also gave it a spin at Pemberton.
    >> >
    >> > Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    >> >

    >> pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put
    my
    >> cars tag number on the net....
    >>

    >It wasn't the whole tag, but I fixed it.

    Why?

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jerry Everetts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > > Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my new ride. Also gave it a
    > > spin at Pemberton.
    > >
    > > Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    > >

    > pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on
    > the net....

    What's the difference between that and displaying them in public every time you drive the car?

    Mike

  11. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

  12. "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:22:54 -0500, "Sir Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Jerry Everetts" <[email protected]cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > my new

    > >> pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put
    > my
    > >> cars tag number on the net....
    > >>

    > >It wasn't the whole tag, but I fixed it.
    >
    > Why?

    I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. All I wanted to know is what people thought of my bike,
    not my lousy old Pontiac Grand Am which probably would sell for less than the bike.

    In the immortal words of Charlie Brown, "Good Grief!"

  13. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:03:06 -0500, Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:

    > I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. All I wanted to know is what people thought of my bike,
    > not my lousy old Pontiac Grand Am which probably would sell for less than the bike.

    I think you'll find that pictures of people RIDING bikes leave a much more lasting impression than a
    lonely bike sitting aimlessly on a workstand.

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
    doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

  14. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:41:07 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > >> Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my
    > new
    > >> ride. Also gave it a spin at Pemberton.
    > >>
    > >> Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    > >>

    > >pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put my cars tag number on the
    > >net....
    >
    > Using that logic, you should cover your license plate when you drive around in public.
    >
    > What do you think someone would do with your license plate info anyway?
    >
    > Here are mine in case any nefarious people want to do their thing with them:
    >
    > http://www.paradigmhosting.net/UL8.27.03/Thill101.jpg
    >
    > http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/mtbynp.jpg
    >
    > Have at it!

    Well duh! You post with a domain in your name. Hey, mind if I call sometime?

  15. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:41:07 GMT, Jerry Everetts <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up my
    >>>
    > new
    >
    >>ride. Also gave it a spin at Pemberton.
    >>>Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    >>>

    > Here are mine in case any nefarious people want to do their thing with them:
    >
    > http://www.paradigmhosting.net/UL8.27.03/Thill101.jpg
    >
    > http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/mtbynp.jpg
    >
    > Have at it!

    Another high performance machine, sporting its license plate to the public, the infamous S.U.B.
    Sport Utility Beater:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/RoadTrip!.jpg

    Paladin

  16. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:59:56 -0500, "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Jerry Everetts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >> > Just back from a trip to Arizona for a conference and to pick up
    my new
    >> > ride. Also gave it a spin at Pemberton.
    >> >
    >> > Here's pics: http://www.schnauzers.ws/bike/
    >> >

    >> pretty nice, maybe I am paranoid, but I would be reluctant to put
    my
    >> cars tag number on the net....
    >>

    >What's the difference between that and displaying them in public
    every time
    >you drive the car?

    Echo, echo, echo, echo, echo...

  17. Mojo Deluxe

    Mojo Deluxe Guest

    "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

    > > new
    > >
    > >>ride. Also gave it a spin at Pemberton.
    > >>>

    > > Here are mine in case any nefarious people want to do their thing with them:
    > >
    > > http://www.paradigmhosting.net/UL8.27.03/Thill101.jpg
    > >
    > > http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/mtbynp.jpg
    > >
    > > Have at it!
    > >

    > Another high performance machine, sporting its license plate to the public, the infamous S.U.B.
    > Sport Utility Beater:
    >
    > http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/RoadTrip!.jpg

    I'll have to post a pic of my classic 1988 Grand Am.

  18. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:37:19 -0600, "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> What do you think someone would do with your license plate info anyway?
    >>
    >> Here are mine in case any nefarious people want to do their thing
    with
    >> them:
    >>
    >> http://www.paradigmhosting.net/UL8.27.03/Thill101.jpg
    >>
    >> http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/mtbynp.jpg
    >>
    >> Have at it!
    >>
    >Well duh! You post with a domain in your name. Hey, mind if I call
    sometime?

    Sure thing.

    I have caller ID and privacy manager so have a great time with my answering machine.

    If that's how you get your rocks off so be it.