My new Sidi Genius 5's

A/ I allready new what size I was.

B/I went in and said could I try a size 41 on to see what sought of fit they were.
C/ The guy brought the Sidi's out and I then said I had seen these online for $X and could he match........ Game over.

rohc said:
B/I went in and said could I try a size 41 on to see what sought of fit they were.
C/ The guy brought the Sidi's out and I then said I had seen these online for $X and could he match........ Game over.
Your comment in your second post stated... "Just make sure you go to a cycle shop and try a few pairs on to get the exact fit."

Some people would do it, others know the limit.

rohc said:

roch, you said you owned a pair of shimano's , wondering if the SIDI you bought are the same size? as I want to purchase a pair online too but the local shops around here dont stock them... and I have a pair of shimamo's.
thanks.

putza said:
roch, you said you owned a pair of shimano's , wondering if the SIDI you bought are the same size? as I want to purchase a pair online too but the local shops around here dont stock them... and I have a pair of shimamo's.
thanks.
FWIW. I think that Shimano & SIDI are not sized the same ...

While they may be very close to being the same if you wear a size 39 (and apparently, 41), the further you get from that size, the greater the disparity (at least, IMO) ...

My Shimano shoes are 44 (I have a really old SH-R120 pair that are 43.5), and the SIDI shoes that I have are 45 ...

So, depending on your shoe size, you may find the sizing to be different, too.

thanks, I just tried on a pair of SIDI's and the 44 was a nice firm fit. I feel bad that I tried them on in a store while in the back of my mind knowing I was going to purshase online if cheaper, but then I found the saving is $200 :eek: so sorry LBS's I aint going to line the pockets of the greedy suppliers so they can buy a new boat! If I got paid alot of money at work I wouldnt care but it aint like that.

Yeah, alfeng is right, Sidi and Shimano are NOT sized the same. Apart from the fact that Sidi's are generally narrow unless you get the Max versions, they are also on the short side. You need half a size to a full size higher in the Sidi's. Certainly up in the size 44 area.

Great shoes though. Also bought from PBK for a great price but did NOT go into a bike shop and try them on. Seems like some here want to moan about greedy retailers but are only too happy to have a free fitting service. It's one or the other - cheap prices or a fitting service, not both.

alfeng said:
FWIW. I think that Shimano & SIDI are not sized the same ...

While they may be very close to being the same if you wear a size 39 (and apparently, 41), the further you get from that size, the greater the disparity (at least, IMO) ...

My Shimano shoes are 44 (I have a really old SH-R120 pair that are 43.5), and the SIDI shoes that I have are 45 ...

So, depending on your shoe size, you may find the sizing to be different, too.
FWIW thats exactly my experience. 44 in Shimano, 45 in Sidi.