My new Team Z lemond

hippie

Sep 9, 2010
I just got a 1990 Team Z Lemond bike. It is in mint condition. It's full dura ace , all original & period correct. I have always wanted a Lemond Bike, & know i finally own one.

Originally Posted by Dave Cutter .

She's AWESOME!
Thank you very much. I have only ridden it 30 miles. Then i put it away for safe keeping /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Very nice.

You should dig out some of the Scott drop-in bars are used by LeMond in the 1990 tour. Greg used a TVT carbon frame and Campag Record Delta but I prefer Dura Ace to that as the brakes and index shifting actually work :p

Time Criterium pedals? I have a set with 'square bearings' - literally, they ratchet! They weigh about a pound each :p The Time Titan Magnesiums were about 1/5th of the weight and use the same TBT cleats.

FWIW: I believe that the latest generation of "speedplay specific shoes" like the DMT's have the same 4 bolt pattern as the Time TBT system.

Thank you. I was actually thinking about getting some of those bars. But the ones i found on ebay are nos & cost $130.00 plus shipping.

That's a sweet ride - where did you find that LeMond bike?

I'm in the process of sorting out mine, which is an identical frame but with Ultegra throughout (couldn't afford Dura Ace as a kid when I was building this frame up from new in 1991!), but am just finishing sourcing a complete C Record Gruppo to put on it, once it's be resprayed (20 odd years of use have taken their toll on the paintjob).

Problems I'm having is finding a UK based painter that can paint in Du Pont Imron paint - which all LeMond's were painted with, along with sourcing some good repro decals to take her back to mint!

Thank you for the nice words. I found the Bike on Ebay. It is all original & period correct. I have seen repo stickers kits on Ebay. You may want to check there.

Does it have alloy wheels and full quick releases? How many speeds is it? How much did it cost total?

I upgraded my Raleigh 10 speed Mixte to 14 speed with alloy wheels and full quick releases.

Yes it has FR & RR quick releases. It has Mavic Open 4 cd Hard anodized rims, with Dura ace hubs & it is a 14 speed. I actually found 20 year old NOS Bike ribbon brand bar tape on ebay . I paid $ 1,250 shipped.

JTE83 said:
Does it have alloy wheels and full quick releases?  How many speeds is it?  How much did it cost total? I upgraded my Raleigh 10 speed Mixte to 14 speed with alloy wheels and full quick releases.
Holy mother of the gods. How daring: upgrading to full-on quick releases! Gosh!

Well, $1250 is expensive for a vintage road bike. Maybe it's a collector's item? I'm not into collecting special vintage road bikes, but there's a bike show coming up in Rockford on vintage road & bmx bikes. Maybe I should check it out.

Full quick releases make fixing flat a lot easier; you don't have to carry around a crescent wrench just to fix your flat. I noticed a lot of vintage road bikes have a rear nutted axle. My college Raleigh Marathon had alloy wheels with full quick releases. I wish I never sold it. But now I got a Raleigh Mixte I upgraded - spent $750 on upgrades!

JTE83 said:
Well, $1250 is expensive for a vintage road bike.  Maybe it's a collector's item?  I'm not into collecting special vintage road bikes, but there's a bike show coming up in Rockford on vintage road & bmx bikes.  Maybe I should check it out. Full quick releases make fixing flat a lot easier; you don't have to carry around a crescent wrench just to fix your flat.  I noticed a lot of vintage road bikes have a rear nutted axle.  My college Raleigh Marathon had alloy wheels with full quick releases.  I wish I never sold it.  But now I got a Raleigh Mixte I upgraded - spent $750 on upgrades!
Is this the money you get from the government for mental deficiencies and from cashing your mom's social security checks?

Hi /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
I really like your Team Z Lemond.

I bought a Lemond Reno (all 501 - including fork) frame earlier this year and fitted Ultegra 9 speed on it for a training bike.
Before I built it up I took it to a friend who's a car painter. I mixed up a small amount of touch up paint which I used on the scratches and then I got him to two pot clear coat it.
It looks really nice now and rides well. I fitted some Crud Roadracer mudguards which can stay on until November and the weather is more predictably fine.

Just ignore alienator. He hangs around here like a bad smell. There can't be much else going on in his pathetic life. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon13.gif

BBB/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by hippie .

Yes it has FR & RR quick releases. It has Mavic Open 4 cd Hard anodized rims, with Dura ace hubs & it is a 14 speed. I actually found 20 year old NOS Bike ribbon brand bar tape on ebay . I paid $ 1,250 shipped.
Cool - did you ship it in from the US?

Hi
smile.gif

I really like your Team Z Lemond.

I bought a Lemond Reno (all 501 - including fork) frame earlier this year and fitted Ultegra 9 speed on it for a training bike.
Before I built it up I took it to a friend who's a car painter. I mixed up a small amount of touch up paint which I used on the scratches and then I got him to two pot clear coat it.
It looks really nice now and rides well. I fitted some Crud Roadracer mudguards which can stay on until November and the weather is more predictably fine.

Just ignore alienator. He hangs around here like a bad smell. There can't be much else going on in his pathetic life.
icon13.gif

BBB
smile.gif

Bigbananabike said:
I really like your Team Z Lemond.  I bought a Lemond Reno (all 501 - including fork)  frame earlier this year and fitted Ultegra 9 speed on it for a training bike. Before I built it up I took it to a friend who's a car painter. I mixed up a small amount of touch up paint which I used on the scratches and then I got him to two pot clear coat it. It looks really nice now and rides well. I fitted some Crud Roadracer mudguards which can stay on until November and the weather is more predictably fine. Just ignore alienator. He hangs around here like a bad smell. There can't be much else going on in his pathetic life. 
You realize, don't you, you repeated verbatim a previous post of yours, right?

Originally Posted by alienator .

You realize, don't you, you repeated verbatim a previous post of yours, right?
Yes I knew that. I didn't want you to miss the last line.

Originally Posted by Bigbananabike .

Yes I knew that. I didn't want you to miss the last line.

For anyone else irritated by Alienator's posts - simply look at one of them (any of the three in this thread), click the "down" arrow just under his name, and click "BLOCK MEMBER".

Do a page refresh, and every single post of his will disappear from view - result..... If everyone does this, then hopefully he'll just leave and bother other people elsewhere.