My New Toolkit has arrived!, Time's Up helps.

dgk

Guest
Someone in a post mentioned a Nashbar toolkit that was around $35
after a coupon. So I ordered it. When it arrived I realized that I had
no idea what most of the tools were for.

A few weeks back at the NY Bike Show I joined Time's Up because I like
their style. They don't actually run Critical Mass in NYC but they are
active in it, plus the DUMMER T-Shirt (picture of a Hummer) was
classic. Anyway, I received an email of their activities and they
offer free bike repair lessons every Tuesday (their bike) and free
bike repair sessions on Thursdays (your bike). So last night I brought
my toolkit and bike.

I learned what the tools are for (all except for one that no one could
figure out), and even cleaned and greased the bearings on the front
wheel. I intend to go back several times to learn more about taking
care of the bike. Maybe as a result of cleaning those bearings I
managed to set another new speed record getting to work today, 52:45,
breaking Monday's 53:17.

Now, I think I need to buy a stand. Plus SPD pedals and shoes. It's
going to be an expensive weekend.

TIME'S UP! is a direct-action environmental group that uses events
and educational programs to promote a safer, quieter, friendlier,
and more environmentally sustainable city. We're community-based,
all-volunteer, and non-profit. It's easy to help: Join!
See www.times-up.org or call 212-802-8222 for more information.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:46:43 -0400, dgk
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Someone in a post mentioned a Nashbar toolkit that was around $35
>after a coupon. So I ordered it. When it arrived I realized that I had
>no idea what most of the tools were for.

That probably was me.

Snipped

>I learned what the tools are for (all except for one that no one could
>figure out), and even cleaned and greased the bearings on the front
>wheel. I intend to go back several times to learn more about taking
>care of the bike. Maybe as a result of cleaning those bearings I
>managed to set another new speed record getting to work today, 52:45,
>breaking Monday's 53:17.

Please describe the unidentified tool, maybe we can figure it out.

>Now, I think I need to buy a stand. Plus SPD pedals and shoes. It's
>going to be an expensive weekend.

But worth it;-)

Life is Good!
Jeff