My new wheelset!

:eek: Amazing wheels! You guys wouldn't believe ho light the are!<br />Vo2 my friend, you can now divorce your wife, you now have everything you need in life ;D<br />

I'm a bit dissapointed with the quick releases tho. They weigh a ton each! I've ditched them and retained my original levers, which weigh much less. Apart from that, I'm a happy camper. ;D

[quote author=Goat link=board=20;threadid=2632;start=0#22520 date=1037111183]<br /> :eek: Amazing wheels! You guys wouldn't believe ho light the are!<br />Vo2 my friend, you can now divorce your wife, you now have everything you need in life ;D<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />with what i am guessing they cost his wife will probably divorce him first and take the front wheel in the settlement!!!<br /><br />just looking at those wheels is making my credit card itch

V02 = happy camper = happy campag? :p<br /><br />I guess in your case they should be pretty much interchangeable....<br /><br />Hmm, we called our Pickfords Double century team &quot;a few spokes short&quot;, if we were outfitted like you though, we could simply call ourselves &quot;a few spokes&quot;<br /><br />Ok, no more sad sad puns

I'll put them together tonite, take them for a spin and give you guys the verdict tomorrow.<br />It's weird (and wonderful) how a two pieces of aluminium can make my body release so much endorphins that I'm close to tripping. ;D

Do i dare even ask how much they cost?<br /><br />i'm sure if i bought a set of wheels like that the pleasure would be short lived compared to the lingering illness of paying them off!!!

A bargain at R4000.00! ;D<br /><br />Front wheel = 790g complete<br />Rear wheel = 1040g complete

R4,000?<br /><br />Did your purchase involve a ski mask and a fire arm? Or is that the going price - seems aweful cheap for that quality wheelset.

[quote author=Eldron link=board=20;threadid=2632;start=0#22559 date=1037178074]<br />R4,000?<br /><br />Did your purchase involve a ski mask and a fire arm? Or is that the going price - seems aweful cheap for that quality wheelset.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Maybe they fell off the back of a truck?

Nice wheels. Maybe one day when I won the Lotto.<br /><br />Miles of smiles.<br /><br />

Some shops are more expensive than others, but I probably caught the salesman napping. I paid for them and walked out of the shop before he actually woke up. It's kinda like: "Hi, I'd like those wheels. Take them down and wrap them up please. Who should I make the cheque out to?" ;D

Took 'em for a spin this arvy. I'm still in shock! It's like re-incarnation! :eek:<br />Felt like I was riding the bike for the first time. The wheels are super responsive, almost too responsive, but I'll have to get used to that. Acceleration was superb! Still need to test them on a serious climb tho, but I'm sure there will be plenty of those this coming weekend.<br />Altho I've commited the cardinal sin of changing components on my bike before a big ride, I'm a happy campy (as Rhodent put it)! ;D

[quote author=Vo2 link=board=20;threadid=2632;start=0#22555 date=1037175404]<br />A bargain at R4000.00! ;D<br /><br />Front wheel = 790g complete<br />Rear wheel = 1040g complete<br />[/quote]<br /><br />**** thats only about $725AUD thats pretty cheap, did they come with a cassette?