my now 5 month old ride, too much sugar for a nickel.

Hypnospin said:
my first colnago, and first campy ride.

comments welcome.
Hypno, we all know "the better the bike, the better the rider"...

i am in stunned awe of your cycling abilities!

Molto bella! That is a gorgeous ride. Tell us how you like it.

And now that you ride Campagnolo, we are all happy to know that you will not give in to the dark side of cycling componentry! :p

Powerful Pete said:

And now that you ride Campagnolo, we are all happy to know that you will not give in to the dark side of cycling componentry! :p
The SRAM Force has Hypno in it's tractor beam. :D

lw

NICE.

But, how do you work all the hours you must to buy such a bike, and get time to ride it?

mt pro, there is no hidden motor to acheive the better rider scenario you suggest. but like any new contrivance, be it a skeet gun or tennis raquet that inspires some dedication to investing time in that endeavour, it can result in a better rider, at least i think that is what my mates are talking 'bout as they ride away on long climbs on the occasional bad day...

JJones, i can schedule my own hours, but i find myself riding 'till past dark just to get some saddle time in.

lwedge, as for the sram, i would like to have one, but think a more industrial framest would be in order so as not to offend the pure ital sensibilities this bike seems to demand of me. came real close to bein' d/a 10, though...

as for the ride, it is comfy, chattering and jarring are at a minimum. the handling is on the neutral side, yet still not dull, and i find myself in complete assurance at 90kph. present fit is optimal.

the rigidity is quite good, with the front end perhaps yielding more than the rear, noticeable only in full-on sprints.

campy is nice, i have been a shimano guy for a long time, but the ergo works well, the multiple upshifts are useful, the brakes are very good, and the wheels roll and roll...

there are some small details of campy setup and use that i had to come up to speed on when dialing the shifting in, different from shimano in some small ways that have an effect...the most telling thing is the other bike is not gettin' used now...at all.

Powerful Pete said:

bravo!! i believe you just built what i would like to hang in my room (alright, ill be honest, my wife would never let it stay in the house).

but like any new contrivance, be it a skeet gun
funny you should mention this, i recently purchased my new (43 yrs old, 95% blue and wood) trap gun, so my fun money now goes to saving for my colnago build.

well done, and enjoy the ride.