My Pinarello tt bike photos

marlon1

Jan 29, 2004
Finally I was able buy a Pinarello MONTELLO. :D

It's the orgininal teambike of Guiseppe Guerini, Team Telekom 2003. :eek:

It's 100% monocoque carbon fibre, an extremely aero and beautiful. :p

Yes, it has a few little craches but who cares. It's a bike with history!

Nice detail; Take a look at the rear stay! No brake caliper! The rear brake caliper is hidden beneath the bottom bracket (aerodynamics)! :eek:

The frame+bottom bracket = 1.8kg :rolleyes:

Img_0042.jpg

http://members.lycos.nl/michaelwebsite1/Img_0044.jpg
http://members.lycos.nl/michaelwebsite1/Img_0047.jpg
http://members.lycos.nl/michaelwebsite1/Img_0052.jpg

did you buy it direct from the T-Mobile service course, or e-bay??

Great pick up.

That is a beautiful frame. I want, no, NEED one.

Oh, and I hate you for having it. ;)

How did you get your hands on it? :confused:

'crashes'='scratches' ;

I bought it in Belgium. They have contact with the Telekom team.

I'm going to build it up with record05, bora04, ghibli rear and stuff.

I paid EUR2500 for the complete Guerini bike without wheels (record03, deda carbon tt bars and stuff).

New it's $8000 for the frame, $15000 for a complete bike, or something. If you can find one.

Powerful Pete said:
That is a beautiful frame. I want, no, NEED one.

Oh, and I hate you for having it. ;)

How did you get your hands on it? :confused:

I have to agree with you. I bought a 1994 Bianchi Time Trial frame this year but it had a 650 front wheel and I had to change it because of the UCI rules. Now the geometry is not good and the bike is uncomfortable.

I've converted my training bike which is a Giant TCR (ONCE) frame, for S.African time trial champ's. I've put ITM CX2 bars on and left the 105 group set on the bike.

I still think my bike is lighter than the Pinerello but that bike is just too awesome.

Wonder if you can find a Giant composite t.t. frame.

I still think my bike is lighter than the Pinerello but that bike is just too awesome.

-> Trying to get the Pinarello <6.8kg :)

marlon1 said:

-> Trying to get the Pinarello <6.8kg :)

What you riding and with what equipment?

I just looked at the Giant website (I love composite frames) and they have a frame they dont mention the weight (but I remember 3.something kilo - including the intergrated bars)

Mine will be heavy becase of the old 105 group set but if I used maybe the new/newer Ultegra it should drop the weight quiet a bit. Maybe not to 6.8kg.

What is the UCI rules about having a front derailleur. Thinking of maybe taking it off and perhaps going to the extent of using a track crank and b.b. as its a flat route.

Making a 1.8kg frame (sorry it was 2kg including BB), with TTbars (650g) and Ghibli Disc (1kg w/o tubular) <6.8kg is very difficult :rolleyes:

I don't know much TT bikes that are <6.8kg The TTbikes used in de TdF Alpe d'Huez TT (uphill TT) were mostly 7kg+. And that bikes didn't have a disc wheel, aero frame and stuff. Ullrichs bike was 7.1kg, Armstrongs 6.8kg but Lance didn't used TTbars

Lightweight ObenMayer front wheel with Tune King hub, carbon spokes, record 05 w carbon cranks (drilled out rear+front der. cage, levers). Special light weight cables, drilled out Deda full cf bars, USE aero seatpost, San Marco Era Composite saddle, Tufo <160g tubulars, carbon brake calipers, carbon chainrings, Easton EC90 Aero fork, titanium hardware, Look Keo cf/ti pedals and stuff.

That's an other $3000 so that's next years project :p

marlon1 said:
'crashes'='scratches' ;

I bought it in Belgium. They have contact with the Telekom team.

I'm going to build it up with record05, bora04, ghibli rear and stuff.

I paid EUR2500 for the complete Guerini bike without wheels (record03, deda carbon tt bars and stuff).

New it's $8000 for the frame, $15000 for a complete bike, or something. If you can find one.

Ah yes...the Godefroot connection.

Awesome ride mate....you are gonna get some envious stares on that!!