My polish carbonracer

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikael Seierup

Well I got it as mentioned somewhere else.

Looks really great. Like a scaly snake. Don't take my word for it though.

http://photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels (In the "Velokraft Carbonracer"-folder) (Also two pics of a
mountainbike with a ski in front.)

3230 euro more or less for the frame, carbonseat, monofork and hub, handlebar/steerer and some bits
and pieces for chainrouting. (thats without shipping and toll and VAT and whatnot)

Now I just need to get parts on it and have some wheels built.

Mikael

Oh duh.... seatheight will be around 30-34 cm.

Mikael

If weight is "the answer" we'll certainly see your name in the first place column this summer.

A good looking bike!!!

Cangratulations and enjoy!!

--
Miles of Smiles,

Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone

www.gate.net/~teblum

"Tom Blum" skrev...
> If weight is "the answer" we'll certainly see your name in the first place column this summer.

I think "a hidden engine" might be the answer but at least I get to outcool everyone. ;o)

Mikael

Congrats!

Do you have cradle, milk and whatnot for the little one?

I'd like to drool when you are assembling, maybe i can be of help holding the tools or something.

Seeya Torben

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well I got it as mentioned somewhere else.
>
> Looks really great. Like a scaly snake. Don't take my word for it though.
>
> http://photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels (In the "Velokraft Carbonracer"-folder) (Also two pics of a
> mountainbike with a ski in front.)
>
> 3230 euro more or less for the frame, carbonseat, monofork and hub, handlebar/steerer and some
> bits and pieces for chainrouting. (thats without shipping and toll and VAT and whatnot)
>
> Now I just need to get parts on it and have some wheels built.
>
> Mikael

> 3230 euro more or less for the frame, carbonseat, monofork and hub, handlebar/steerer and some
> bits and pieces for chainrouting. (thats without shipping and toll and VAT and whatnot)

Okay. Today I learned not to post after 4 hours of "sleep" on a noisy ferry. It was 3230 _zloty_ or
814.50 usd.

Regards Mikael

> > 3230 euro more or less for the frame, carbonseat, monofork and hub, handlebar/steerer and some
> > bits and pieces for chainrouting. (thats without shipping and toll and VAT and whatnot)
>
> Okay. Today I learned not to post after 4 hours of "sleep" on a noisy
ferry.
> It was 3230 _zloty_ or 814.50 usd.

Your carbon racer is beautiful, Mikael. Just gorgeous. How does it ride?

One question: How do I order one? Are you ready to become an exporter to the US? You sure have found
some very interesting bikes on your eastern European trips.

This Polish carbon racer will sell. Definitely. Look out Razz-Fazz and M5!

-Barry

"B. Sanders" skrev ...
> Your carbon racer is beautiful, Mikael. Just gorgeous. How does it ride?

Not very well so far. Might be because it has no wheels, gears, brakes etc. yet. ;-)

> One question: How do I order one? Are you ready to become an exporter to the US? You sure have
> found some very interesting bikes on your eastern European trips.

You just mail Kamil at [email protected] and talk to him. He told me he's working on a website.

I'm not associated with the company btw. Just a customer. Wait a month or so and I will have it on
the road so I can comment on how it rides. Also expect it to be more expensive in the US due to the
"atlantic curse." (Shipping, taxes and so forth.)

Mikael

It does, indeed, it truly does.

--
David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

"Tom Blum" skrev...
> If weight is "the answer" we'll certainly see your name in the first place column this summer.

And I don't need a carbonbike for that btw. I won the faired class last summer.

(Okay so I was the only one riding a faired bike. ;o) )

Mikael

"Torben Scheel" wrote...

> I'd like to drool when you are assembling, maybe i can be of help holding the tools or something.

What tools btw. I'm buying them as I go along. :)

I'm going to post pics of the critter on my photopage as I get more and more stuff on it. Theres one
now of the headset mounted with fork and handlebars. Crummy resolution unless I pay them so if you
want the highres mail me.

http://photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels ("Velokraft Carbonracer"-folder...last pic)

Cheers Mikael (posting from Google as I deleted the thread when I cleared out messages)

Mikael:

Congratulations. Must be exciting to get this close to the finish line. What do you think of the
seat? Good quality compared to the competition? (Even though there's a superficial resemblance
between the frame and a plow I'll refrain from any comments about beating carbon fiber fighter
aircraft into plowshares.)

How was the trip itself? Better than plowing?

--
--Scott [email protected] Cut the "tail" to send email.

> Well I got it as mentioned somewhere else.
>
> Looks really great. Like a scaly snake. Don't take my word for it though.
>
> http://photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels (In the "Velokraft Carbonracer"-folder) (Also two pics of a
> mountainbike with a ski in front.)
>
>
> Now I just need to get parts on it and have some wheels built.
>
> Mikael

"Freewheeling" skrev

> Congratulations. Must be exciting to get this close to the finish line. What do you think of the
> seat? Good quality compared to the competition?

Exciting and exciting. Mostly waiting around for the parts right now. The seat is a HP
Velotechnik-model. Theirs and Optimas are built in Poland. By no other than Maciek that I bought my
TE-clone from. Its one he couldn't ship to them I suppose as it has a few dings in the clear finish.
But they are under the seat and easily mended. And I saved a bundle compared to HP's prices.

> (Even though there's a superficial resemblance between the frame and a plow I'll refrain from any
> comments about beating carbon fiber fighter aircraft into plowshares.)

My new bike? A plow?!! Thems fightin' words. I think some guy did build a faired trike out of a
MiG-droptank in Poland, but that was in the good ole commie days.

> How was the trip itself? Better than plowing?

Let me see... Ferry, train, drool over bike, lighten wallet, sleep, glue boom in place, the 60 min
tour of krakow, train, a beer, sleep, ferry. It was a bit of a blur. As for plowing I wouldn't know
and we use tractors anyway.

Mikael (I'm Danish btw. People often get that mixed up in all the Polandtalk)

Mikael wrote:

> I think some guy did build a faired trike out of a MiG-droptank in Poland, but that was in the
> good ole commie days.

'twas one Jacek Ziolkowski of Bydgoszczy, and a slightly ropy picture of the device can be found
here: ftp://ftp.ihpva.org/incoming/1999/mig17.jpg

In a 1992 letter to the (previous) Editor of our august journal, Marek reported that designer Jacek
Ziolkowski "...was killed a year ago on the last night of 1990 by a drunked madman in a car... The
police started investigations a couple of days after the accident and have not identified the killer
- on the deserted suburb road there were no witnesses and no-one wants to pick a wounded man from
the road, so he died in a hospital a few hours after the accident because a lack of blood and cold.
The cops find only his empty wallet in the gutter - no one knows, was the robber a driver of the car
who caused an accident (and uses a car in place of the gun), or an occasional passer-by?"

Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
===========================================================
Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
===========================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.