General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

My pool water is cloudy & green

Started by Mr. Bill · · Last activity · 1 post · 10,462 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 May 2004
Last activity
4 May 2004
Original author
Mr. Bill
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
10,462
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi All, Here's the deal. 2 weeks ago, we went away for hte
    weekend. Floating chlorinator ran out of tabs, came home to
    an algae bloom.

    For the last 10 days I have shocked almost evry night
    (probably 8 times) used 2 different algaecides (1 chlorine,
    1 copper based) and the filter has run almost non stop (I've
    also cleaned it every other day).

    The algae is somewhat subsiding, but the water clarity
    stinks.

    Other factors, Air temps have been in the 80's/90's water
    76-79F. pH
    7.4-7.6, chlorine off the chart (duh!) pool capacity
    25,000 gals.

    I have had algae and clarity problems in the past but never
    this severe.

    What do I need to do?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.