My seat wont stay tight(pics)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by novice, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. novice

    novice Guest

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "novice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The pics show all the parts. My first seat broke because it would not
    > stay tight. I got a replacement seat and I have the same problem. This
    > is from an iron horse maverick comp dx.
    >

    > http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6679/00006106qj.jpg
    > http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1737/00006147ct.jpg

    You might need a new seatpost. They're cheap on ebay. Or try some locktite
    or plumber's tape (not plumber's crack) to the allen bolt to get it to hold
    better. But I wouldn't risk my privates on something so iffy....

    CDB

  3. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    "novice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The pics show all the parts. My first seat broke because it would not
    > stay tight.

    It broke. That's very informative. How did it break?

    > I got a replacement seat and I have the same problem.

    What's the problem?

    > This is from an iron horse maverick comp dx.

    Great.

    > http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6679/00006106qj.jpg
    > http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1737/00006147ct.jpg

    Oooh, oooh, a seapost picture and a seat underside picture. Looks fine.
    What's the problem again?

    Did you figure out how to tighten that allen bolt that goes up the middle?

    Greg

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  5. gabrielle

    gabrielle Guest

    You have to do at least 4 sets of squats every day to keep your seat tight. ;)

    HTH,
    gabrielle

  6. Get a new and better seatpost. Make sure its the right size. Size does
    matter.

  7. Comnet

    Comnet Guest

    Had the same problem. Did what Mike suggested and got a Thomson. Haven't
    had any trouble since then.

    Dave

    news:p[email protected]