My seat wont stay tight(pics)

"novice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The pics show all the parts. My first seat broke because it would not
> stay tight. I got a replacement seat and I have the same problem. This
> is from an iron horse maverick comp dx.
>

> http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6679/00006106qj.jpg
> http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1737/00006147ct.jpg

You might need a new seatpost. They're cheap on ebay. Or try some locktite
or plumber's tape (not plumber's crack) to the allen bolt to get it to hold
better. But I wouldn't risk my privates on something so iffy....

CDB

"novice" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The pics show all the parts. My first seat broke because it would not
> stay tight.

It broke. That's very informative. How did it break?

> I got a replacement seat and I have the same problem.

What's the problem?

> This is from an iron horse maverick comp dx.

Great.

> http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6679/00006106qj.jpg
> http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1737/00006147ct.jpg

Oooh, oooh, a seapost picture and a seat underside picture. Looks fine.
What's the problem again?

Did you figure out how to tighten that allen bolt that goes up the middle?

Greg

You have to do at least 4 sets of squats every day to keep your seat tight. ;)

HTH,
gabrielle

Had the same problem. Did what Mike suggested and got a Thomson. Haven't
had any trouble since then.

Dave

news:p[email protected]...