My second cat 4 race - another video for you guys to watch.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
No. 3: Collin...caught with his nose in the wind, gets mugged by everyone in his draft and...MUST MOVE UP! Great effort on that chase! You buried yourself, blew and kept digging! Heart of a racer! Way to drag yourself over that next climb.

Table of Contents jump feature is awesome.
Going up a 7% slope at those speeds is >500 watts. I'd be faked out of my skull and hoping that someone would mug me and put me out of my misery.

:p

These videos are taking forever to upload today. Here's the rear camera of the last race. It really demonstrates how close quarters it was... 75 riders confined to one lane with no shoulder.

0.jpg

I heard the bell...but not a single "Collin must move up!" was given...
impatient.png

Again, that sprint was retarded. Too bad you were boxed in. Oh well! First one in the bag and you hung tough. Good job!

Oxygen debt has a hellova interest rate.

It looked like you were already cooked and maybe 10 seconds late in punching into a bigger gear. They were hauling ass into the sunset on you just like the young guns throttle up and leave me gagging.

That which did not kill you just made you stronger!

I thought it was more usual for trains to store the luggage at the back? That one looked to have Mr Panniers riding off into the distance. Were they helium filled or was he storing the extra batteries for the Sparticus bottom bracket motor?

Either no one told him about aerodynamics and the advantages of being light weight or he has a love affair with pain. Either way it's working out for him, ha.

....or maybe he's just capable of churning out some big power and can do that for fun. Just because...

Hmmmm?

A 2 kilo pannier with a spare jacket or 3 6 kilos of camera gear, audio mics, spare batteries, three software upgrades on DVD's, four camera mounts for front, back, side pan and PPOV...

At least the high def view of the definitely not-a-fred touron going up the pike was awesome!

Meh, if I had a dime for every time the locomotives up front spit me out the back I would have been retired at 35.

The vids are still rocking, Collin! Keep training and keep attacking the bastages every time you get a shot. Every Superman has a Kryptonite bullet he can't dodge.

Pannier guy can't climb but who can blame him when the pace is 20 mph on 8%. I lose ground, claw my way up to the chase group, and descend like a mad man with my HR in the 180s trying not to lose my wheel. I successfully stay with the pack, we all regroup on the flats but I eventually get dropped just before the 2nd climb (Mormon Temple). Hopefully this week or next, I'll make it to that next climb.

0.jpg

Yeah. 20mph on an 8% hill. Where's the bit where the monkeys fly out of your butt and feed the guys bananas? You need more accurate data. 20mph is about 650ish watts for a 145lb guy on a fairly light bike. So skinny and more power than world record 4km pursuit. I don't think even in my wildest dreams when I was a 1st cat road guy could I do 650watts for a minute. Maybe if we were hauling ass on the flat and a shortish 8% rise presented itself we'd keep 20mph towards the top. I could do 29mph for 10 miles on a steel bike with round tubes and no carbon anywhere - following Collin uphills I'm not sure that even Pro Tour guys would hit 32kmh even if they smashed it. I might have to go trawling some real world data on Training Peaks because in the years I've had a power meter I've not been blessed with legs to rip Lance on The Junk a new one... ... quick looksee shows that on the TdU on a stage that featured Old Wallunga hill (7% average) the Pro's only did 22kmh - that's 10kmh down on Col on the small cols. When JP (Juan Pelota - aka Lance Armstrong) nailed Box Hill on Strava last year and caused a stir, he could only manage 19mph on a 5% hill. Slacker.

It's only 8% for about 20 seconds. I did it at 16 mph and got dropped, the Cat 1s do it at 18 (20 is an exaggeration). That's somewhere around 650 watts. If you look up some power curves, 650 watts for 20 seconds is doable.

Originally Posted by collin2985
It's only 8% for about 20 seconds. I did it at 16 mph and got dropped, the Cat 1s do it at 18 (20 is an exaggeration). That's somewhere around 650 watts. If you look up some power curves, 650 watts for 20 seconds is doable.
No question. Besides what fun would the forum be without a little embelishment ;)

Went from 16 mph to 17 on that section but same end result as Tuesday. I got dropped later in the ride just before the Mormon Temple hill. I know I'll get footage of that sometime this season.

Front View
0.jpg
'
Rear View
0.jpg

Originally Posted by collin2985
That was no 20 second effort. We'll get Danfoz (I think he has a powermeter) to go put out 300+ watts for 5 minutes and then nail 45 seconds to a minute at 650 watts and then resume normal programming and report back what flavor of pavement pizza was created.

:)