My second cat 4 race - another video for you guys to watch.

1 Min Recap of Gran Fondo Hill Climb in Frederick Md
0.jpg

Good job of keeping your heart rate high. Good recovery, too.

That 2-mile climb looked painful. Yeah, 7 MPH hurts when it's straight up.

That's cool, Cube! That looks like a deep coal mine complex of some sort.

Quote: Originally Posted by collin2985 .
Episode # 17 of the goon ride

what software do you use to overlay your heart rate etc..?

The software is called Dashware. It costs $50 but it works well. I also just got a Garmin 500 for getting the data.

The BPM and grade percentage readout are awesome. Now, you net a heads-up display: http://jet.reconinstruments.com/

Again, nice job of pegging and pinning your heart rate!

Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .
The BPM and grade percentage readout are awesome. Now, you net a heads-up display: http://jet.reconinstruments.com/

Again, nice job of pegging and pinning your heart rate!

Holey **** that's one very innovative product.

Yeah, I won't be a beta tester for it, but it is very promising.

When they offer it with the 'To close for missiles! Switching to guns!' option...I'm going to order a pair.

To have RPM's, BPM, speed, slope, Watts, time, distance, altitude and a camera on your face is going to be cool.

Did you watch the videos? I hope real world experience lives up to the hype.

That looks awesome. Way too expensive so far but hopefully in a few years it'll be affordable.
Here's a full Sunday morning ride vid
0.jpg

First to the Subway!!

Naval Surface Warfare!

French climbing technique! Drop your shoulders! Relax! Pull the bars to your chest! Relax! Push your butt forward! Relax!Take advantage of the cleats! Relax! Use the other leg! Relax! Push and pull! Relax! Work your elbows! Relax! One more gear! You bounce! I push and pull! LMAO!

You get passed by more cars in five minutes than I do in an hour!

Great ride video! Thanks.

You need your wife to toss in a couple of gratuitous, "Collin is tired, but he must move up!", lines. Hell, I would that line printed on the ass of your next batch of team shorts!

I was out on a training ride over the weekend, pegging my heart rate, almost over a steep hill and I swear, I busted out with a gasped laugh at that string of climbing advice that was rattling around inside my oxygen deprived brain! I still can't believe you guys have groups that large training in all that DC/NOVA/seaboard traffic.

The video you posted that showed your group waiting as a large group of tourista types flew past was cool as hell!

Keep us posted with your ride temperature and weather numbers as winter approaches. I'm always looking for short drives for long weekend hops to warmer temps for winter training (and be sure and map those 'shortcuts' that allow us snowbirds to regain the lead pack after the climb!

Hey Bob, where are you located?

Goon Ride Eps # 18. I couldn't turn around to catch on the pack right away so I chased as hard as I could with another rider.

0.jpg

A pass in the grass! Jumping the reds and jamming the yellows! Damn, the traffic you train in is insane. Good job making the catch.

I'm in Ohio...the Land of Never Ending Winters.

Bob I don't know how you manage. I'm complaining when the temperature drops below 60. I'm a California wimp.

Here's Sunday's stop sign sprint.

0.jpg

It was a balmy 48° at the start of yesterday's ride...56° when we finished. Sucks! But, it was a heat wave compared to what the next 4-5 months will bring.

We might see light snow flurries by mid-week. As stupid as our weather is, it's nothing compared with what the guys up North have to put up with. I have to take breaks from our weather. Even if they're just long weekends 6-12 hours South to ride without three or four layers, two pairs of gloves, a balaclava or two and frozen toes makes me feel like I can get thru the next couple of weeks of popcycle temperatures.

Cyclo cross season is in full swing up here, mountain bike racing is going strong and guys have been climbing off their road bikes for about a month now. Only the hard core roadies are still out there killin' it.