my small trials vid !!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by trials2k, Feb 6, 2006.

  1. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    hey all,

    i have really wanted to put togetha a vid, but due to the fact that i
    have a really poor and slow dial up internet connection, i cant upload
    large movies!!

    So i finally put togetha a small vid showing some of the stuff i do
    around my area, but i couldnt include everything!!

    Its about 2mins long or something like that, and the music might not
    blend, but i like the song so i put it in!!

    neway, enuff blabbering from me, have a look at the vid and give me
    some opinions.

    http://tinyurl.com/9yz29

    Thanx :)

    P.S. in a months time i will be gettin a faster connection so i can
    upload more and larger vids!!

    --
    trials2k

    Live and Die on a uni;) **
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

  2. gordythegon

    gordythegon Guest

  3. Very cool.
    The filming is good and the music fits well with the riding. The riding
    looks pretty good to me as well, smooth and controlled.

    If I were you I would try to get a few more shots from a wider angle if
    you made a longer vid, the focus on the wheel looks good but it could
    get a bit samey if all the viewer can see is the wheel and your lower
    legs all the way through.
    Also would be good to have a credit for the music at the end. What is
    it?

    --
    domesticated ape

    i like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes
    domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

  4. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

  5. Erant

    Erant Guest

    gordythegon wrote:
    > sweet vid. you have some nice gaps in it. Now you got to learn some
    > street to put in it. good job

    Not really, if he wants to learn trials, and not street, I can't blame
    him. I actually only know a few tricks because I focus mainly on
    trials.

    I actually liked the way the music flowed with the vid, and the slight
    'smacking' of the tire actually made it a really weird and cool kind
    of... serene video.

    --
    Erant

    Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
    Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986

  6. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    good stuff.

    --
    trials_uni

    'Check Out my Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez) <---new more
    informative post go now! edited today!
    Also Join the 'Unicyclist Roster'
    (http://ecstasy.winternet.com/roster/index.php?) and meet other
    unicyclists in your area!
    Make Your Own 'Juggling Clubs!' (http://www.crazytieguy.com/clubs.htm)

  7. maestro8

    maestro8 Guest

    good video. i like the seat-out style! your moves look clean, now it's
    time to polish them. work on doing still-stands: try and increase the
    time between hops, when setting up for a move and when landing, so
    you'll have more energy and control throughout your lines.

    have you done any rolling hops onto those pallets? that'd be something
    i'd like to see in your next video. i'm a big fan of rolling hops as
    i'm just starting to get good at them...

    gordythegon wrote:
    > you got to learn some street to put in it

    street moves are for riders who can't clean a trials line :D who needs
    to throw a crankflip when they can land a drop on a rail or rolling hop
    onto a post?

    --
    maestro8

    Groucho Marx

  8. fexnix

    fexnix Guest

  9. Tomleyden

    Tomleyden Guest

  10. Yeah, I was waiting to see your face, or at least your upper body. :p

    Good vid though.

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
    webspace.
    :cool:
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

  11. fexnix

    fexnix Guest

    maestro8 wrote:

    > street moves are for riders who can't clean a trials line :D who needs
    > to throw a crankflip when they can land a drop on a rail or rolling hop
    > onto a post?

    Mind if I put that in my sig line?

    --
    fexnix

    '*My fresh gallery*'
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Fexnix-album)
    *I Got Infinite Skillz*
    Street moves are for riders who can't clean a trials line. Who needs
    to throw a crankflip when they can land a drop on a rail or rolling hop
    onto a post?
    fexnix's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7381

  12. Well I have to disagree.... Ryan Atkins can crankflip. Ever see him land
    a drop on a rail or rolling hop onto a post? 'Nuff, said.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    I do not believe in computer programers.
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    "If I am ever that good I will be in a constant state of crapping my
    pants." ~ koebwil

  13. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  14. gordythegon

    gordythegon Guest

  15. maestro8

    maestro8 Guest

    forrestunifreak wrote:
    > Ever see him land a drop on a rail or rolling hop onto a post?

    Yes and yes. What's your point?

    --
    maestro8

    Groucho Marx

  16. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Cool movie, I am jealous of all your pallets, it looks like you have 50
    of them:)
    maestro8 wrote:
    > street moves are for riders who can't clean a trials line :D who needs
    > to throw a crankflip when they can land a drop on a rail or rolling hop
    > onto a post?

    Haha, but it would be better if they were crankflippin down onto rails
    and unispining up posts:D

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

  17. maestro8 wrote:

    > street moves are for riders who can't clean a trials line :D who needs
    > to throw a crankflip when they can land a drop on a rail or rolling hop
    > onto a post?

    i agree but its nice to put a little street in to vary it up now and
    then

    --
    onewheelisbetter
    onewheelisbetter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11411

  18. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    thanx for all the positive replies guys :) sure did put a smile on my
    face hehe,
    but yeah, i do do a bit of street on the side coz my mates arent very
    into trials and only ride street so i hav to learn some street to be
    able to enjoy myself wen i ride with em, but i can only do the basic
    street like 18o unispins, seat drop, seat wrap and a fair bit of
    freestyle and some grinds!!

    but i will be sure to add some street into my next vid :) but b4 then i
    am gonna be concentrating on my rolling hops and sif hops to get them
    higher :D

    i will be sure to get the camera man to film more of my upper body next
    time :p

    keep postin about the vid if u want :)