My Son The Neophyte

Discussion in 'Singlespeed' started by Trikkerguy, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Trikkerguy

Trikkerguy New Member

My son has been riding my Cannondale R600 triple, but has decided to go into a single speed bicycle. He has chosen a BLB La Piovra Air Frame for reasons unknown, he say's it's a hybrid track frame that can be used on the road. I am not familiar with singlespeed bicycles, and advised him to do some research before he commits to anything. He is not familiar with components, and wants to tackle this on his own, buying components, and have a bicycle shop build the bicycle. Any advice will be appreciated.

Tags:

2. DDFHWindows88

DDFHWindows88 New Member

Is he only going to be riding on city roads? How long are his rides going to be?

The frame will be great for the city, and honestly if he likes fixies then it should work for him, but there are things to be considered if he wants a hybrid, if he's only going to be on the road he can get a lighter frame and have the bike weigh less, which might be cool if he plans on riding longer distances on the road.

3. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Member made one and only post a year ago doubtful they will reply but you never know. I hear crickets. :)

4. serf

serf New Member

he wants a hybrid, if he's only going to be on the road he can get a lighter frame