My stomach hurts....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken Very Big Li, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. 1. Because I think Vinokourov is damn good in this Tour,
    2. and Armstrong's form is suspect.

    The gap is down to 21 sec. Not good.

    ---
    Kelly Beard, a.k.a. Mr. K.V.B. Liar

    Tags:

  2. Ed-D

    Ed-D Guest

    "Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1. Because I think Vinokourov is damn good in this Tour,
    > 2. and Armstrong's form is suspect.

    3. We'll never know what might have been with Beloki.

    > The gap is down to 21 sec. Not good.
    >
    > ---
    > Kelly Beard, a.k.a. Mr. K.V.B. Liar

  3. Peter Stone

    Peter Stone Guest

    "Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1. Because I think Vinokourov is damn good in this Tour,
    > 2. and Armstrong's form is suspect.
    >
    > The gap is down to 21 sec. Not good.

    Actually it's great. Anyone who is not very partisan to LA wants a real race.

    What a shame it was what happened to Beloki. His absence from now on is a huge loss.

  4. Mark U.

    Mark U. Guest

    I agree, competition is good and losing a top rider will hurt. Any details on why he locked up his
    brakes? Any good photos of the crash and LA's 'cross ride to avoid it?

    Mark

    news:D[email protected]...

  5. "Mark U." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I agree, competition is good and losing a top rider will hurt. Any
    details
    > on why he locked up his brakes? Any good photos of the crash and LA's 'cross ride to avoid it?

    www.velonews.com has two high-res photos of the crash and Lance's cross-country diversion.

  6. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Mark U." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I agree, competition is good and losing a top rider will hurt. Any
    details
    > on why he locked up his brakes? Any good photos of the crash and LA's 'cross ride to avoid it?

    Blown tyre apparently

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=results/stage9

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id=photos/2003/tour03/stage9/tdf2003-arm strong-32
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id=photos/2003/tour03/stage9/tdf2003-bel oki-armstrong-33

    Jeff

  7. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    "Peter Stone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:DwAQa.217235$_w.8[email protected]...

    > Actually it's great. Anyone who is not very partisan to LA wants a real race.
    >
    > What a shame it was what happened to Beloki. His absence from now on is a huge loss.

    Actually, I'm pulling for LA and still want to see a real race. It'd be a shame if he won it without
    any real competition. Much better to fight and win.

  8. Reports say he blew a tire, but it looked to me like he hit oil on the road.

    Mark VandenBerghe

    "Mark U." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I agree, competition is good and losing a top rider will hurt. Any
    details
    > on why he locked up his brakes? Any good photos of the crash and LA's 'cross ride to avoid it?
    >
    > Mark
    >
    > "Peter Stone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:D[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Ken Very Big Liar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > 1. Because I think Vinokourov is damn good in this Tour,
    > > > 2. and Armstrong's form is suspect.
    > > >
    > > > The gap is down to 21 sec. Not good.
    > >
    > > Actually it's great. Anyone who is not very partisan to LA wants a real race.
    > >
    > > What a shame it was what happened to Beloki. His absence from now on is
    > > huge loss.

  9. Kaiser

    Kaiser Guest

    I think there is one thing that needs to be mentioned. On Alpe D'Huez, Armstrong was attacked
    numerous times. He personally reacted each time, kept his cool, and most importantly, he did
    not choke.

    Then, at the end of the stage, look at what he did... He showed those

    He was attacked left and right, did virtually all of the pulling up the latter parts of the climb,
    and still beat their skinny little asses.