Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:35:16 +1100, DRS wrote:

> kingsley <[email protected]> wrote in message
> [email protected]
>
> [...]
>
>> Actually, I don't think it's that manual - they probably just junk posts over a particular size.
>> That's probably why I can't post the FAQ anymore.
>
> How big was it?

Seems a little small really, I thought the limit from the 'old-days' was 64k anyways.... *shrug* I
need a new news server anyway, the one that Dart Internet supplies missplaces about 5-10% of posts.
The first time I complained, they asked me what the IP address of the _news_group_ was that I was
connecting to :)

Certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

-kt

kingsley <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]

[...]

> 36k
>
> Seems a little small really, I thought the limit from the 'old-days' was 64k anyways....

It doesn't sound right. There are more sophisticated ways of detecting whether a post has an
attachment or is HTML than merely its size.

> *shrug* I need a new news server anyway, the one that Dart Internet supplies missplaces about 5-
> 10% of posts. The first time I complained, they asked me what the IP address of the _news_group_
> was that I was connecting to :)
>
> Certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

It's times like that you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

--

"The central problem with the concept of the 'Axis of Evil' is that it involves an assumption that
the US is the 'fulcrum of virtue'." Bob Hawke, former Prime Minister of Australia

Drs,

FYI, I first used email in 1993, stopped utilising newgroups back in 1996. Thought the technology back then was bloody clumsy & duly waited for it to catch up with user demand.

Gawd damn retrogrouchs...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.