My Teeth

NZLcyclist

Sep 27, 2006
So, 2 weeks ago I clipped a pedal at an intersection and ate the pavement. I knocked out 3 teeth and cracked another. That night I had them shoved back in and then supported with a resin splint. Tonight I had the teeth evened up with a bit if grinding, and they removed the dead nerve from the cracked tooth (all upper teeth). I have a 2hr appt in another few weeks, I think they are removing the nerves from the other teeth. I dunno. I just turn up! Anyone had major dental work as a result of kissing the road?

Cheers

Thanks for that utterly graphic account, its the way you are so matter of fact about it it that makes me squirm even more.:eek: Ever thought about becoming a horror writer?:D

NZLcyclist said:
So, 2 weeks ago I clipped a pedal at an intersection and ate the pavement. I knocked out 3 teeth and cracked another. That night I had them shoved back in and then supported with a resin splint. Tonight I had the teeth evened up with a bit if grinding, and they removed the dead nerve from the cracked tooth (all upper teeth). I have a 2hr appt in another few weeks, I think they are removing the nerves from the other teeth. I dunno. I just turn up! Anyone had major dental work as a result of kissing the road?

Cheers
I had an accident when I was 14. Like an idiot (who isn't at 14?) I tried to rub the tire of my bicycle buddy and ended up face first into pavement. I slightly chipped my front teeth and cracked one but it never discolored, so I thought it was OK. Fast forward 9 years and I am in the US Navy. I get my regular semi-annual checkup and the Navy dentist decides that I should have a root canal since the nerve is dead anyway. He drills, broaches, and x-rays several times, and ends up broaching right through the apex of the tooth into the jawbone. I'm pretty well juiced up so I don't feel any pain. He seals the apex and then starts packing something into the tooth and breaks off a stainless steel tool in the tooth. Don't ask me how he did it, but he did. He attempted to remove it with no luck. It was near the end of the day and he puts in a temporary filling and schedules another appointment a couple of days later. When I show up for my appointment, they tell me that the dentist had been in a car accident and was in the hostpital. Six months later, I go back for my semi-annual checkup. The replacement dentist has a fit about me waiting for six months to get the temporary filling replaced. He is also mystified to find out that I have a piece of stainless steel in my tooth. He removes the stainless steel with ease and completes the filling. Can anyone top a six month root canal?

Does hitting the deck after a 50 ft. climbing fall, landing on my face, count?