~~My Transgendered Activities ~~

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Ilena Rose, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: Orac [email protected]
    >Date: 5/2/2004 1:27 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
    >
    >> Orac is a hypocrite, he used the word Nazi 3,660 times to IIean's 10.

    >Actually, only 1,130 times over seven years, the vast majority of them
    >in the narrow discussion of Holocaust history and in combatting
    >Holocaust denial on Usenet:

    Actually one get different answers depending on how one does the search.

    At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    Jan

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: "Coleah" [email protected]
    >Date: 5/2/2004 2:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

    Yes, Coleah, your position is clear. You will overlook the hypocrites and yak
    about *Jan*. Typical *gang* behavior.

    All because you hate IIena. I suggest you look in the mirror.

    Get a gripe.

    Jan

  3. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: Orac [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/2/2004 1:23 PM Pacific Standard Time

    > >> Orac google search Nazis 3,660.

    > >Actually, the number I got when I did the search was 1,130 (although
    > >after I post that, the search will probably show one or two more).
    > >
    > >See:
    > >
    > >http://www.google.com/groups?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&c2coff=1
    > >&q=nazis+author%3Aorac&btnG=Search
    > >

    > >> IIena 10
    > >>
    > >> Orac, Orac, Orac.
    > >>
    > >> Foot in LYING mouth.

    > >Tsk, tsk, tsk. You didn't bother to look at the context of those posts,
    > >did you

    > Umm, this tread isn't about what I did or didn't do.
    >
    > You claimed:
    >
    > >The hyperbole to which I was referring was your bringing up the Nazis.

    > I proved, you are a hypocrite, as you postsings using the word are many

    more
    > than IIena.

    I pointed out to you that Orac may have used the term 'Nazi' as many times
    as you found, but, in the context that he used it, to challenge and refute
    neo-Nazis/Holocaust Deniers, it was an appropriate useage. Drawing *any*
    conclusion wrt to his comment regarding using it as hyperbole, requires that
    you first examine the context in which he used it, and the context in which
    he called it hyperbole.

    Snip

  4. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: Orac [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/2/2004 1:27 PM Pacific Standard Time
    > >
    > >In article <[email protected]>,
    > > [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Orac is a hypocrite, he used the word Nazi 3,660 times to IIean's 10.

    > >Actually, only 1,130 times over seven years, the vast majority of them
    > >in the narrow discussion of Holocaust history and in combatting
    > >Holocaust denial on Usenet:

    > Actually one get different answers depending on how one does the search.
    >
    > At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    No, it does not. Orac's use of the term was to refute Deniers of Shoah, and
    was totally contextually appropriate.

    The other use was pure hyperbole.

    Definition:

    hyperbole
    SYLLABICATION: hy·per·bo·le
    PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: h-pûrb-l KEY
    NOUN: A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or
    effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
    ETYMOLOGY: Latin hyperbol, from Greek huperbol, excess, from huperballein,
    to exceed : huper, beyond; see hyper- + ballein, to throw; see gwel- in
    Appendix I.

    Calling someone who supported the mass genocide of WWII a Nazi is NOT
    hyperbole, by definition. That is NOT to say, however, that was Orac's only
    use of the term. To discuss the Holocaust in an intelligent manner, one must
    use the word 'Nazi'.

  5. Coleah

    Coleah Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: "Coleah" [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/2/2004 2:21 PM Pacific Standard Time

    > Yes, Coleah, your position is clear. You will overlook the hypocrites and

    yak
    > about *Jan*. Typical *gang* behavior.
    >
    > All because you hate IIena. I suggest you look in the mirror.
    >
    > Get a gripe.
    >
    > Jan

    ==================
    None of that makes any sense, Jan.
    BTW, I have a grip......don't need a gripe.

    Coleah

  6. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: Orac [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/2/2004 1:27 PM Pacific Standard Time
    > >
    > >In article <[email protected]>,
    > > [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Orac is a hypocrite, he used the word Nazi 3,660 times to IIean's 10.

    > >Actually, only 1,130 times over seven years, the vast majority of them
    > >in the narrow discussion of Holocaust history and in combatting
    > >Holocaust denial on Usenet:

    > Actually one get different answers depending on how one does the search.
    >
    > At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    Not at all. My mentioning the Nazis was nearly always appropriate, given
    that the discussions were about Holocaust history and rebutting the lies
    of Holocaust denial. It's hard to discuss such things without fairly
    frequently mentions of the Nazis.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  7. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" <M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t
    [email protected]> wrote:

    > "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > > >From: Orac [email protected]
    > > >Date: 5/2/2004 1:23 PM Pacific Standard Time

    > > >Actually, the number I got when I did the search was 1,130 (although
    > > >after I post that, the search will probably show one or two more).
    > > >
    > > >See:
    > > >
    > > >http://www.google.com/groups?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&c2coff=1
    > > >&q=nazis+author%3Aorac&btnG=Search

    > > >Tsk, tsk, tsk. You didn't bother to look at the context of those posts,
    > > >did you

    > > Umm, this tread isn't about what I did or didn't do.
    > >
    > > You claimed:
    > >
    > > >The hyperbole to which I was referring was your bringing up the Nazis.

    > > I proved, you are a hypocrite, as you postsings using the word are many

    > more
    > > than IIena.

    > I pointed out to you that Orac may have used the term 'Nazi' as many times
    > as you found, but, in the context that he used it, to challenge and refute
    > neo-Nazis/Holocaust Deniers, it was an appropriate useage. Drawing *any*
    > conclusion wrt to his comment regarding using it as hyperbole, requires that
    > you first examine the context in which he used it, and the context in which
    > he called it hyperbole.

    Maybe Jan thinks hyperbole refers only to the number of times something
    is mentioned.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  8. Jan

    Jan Guest

  9. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    >[email protected]
    >Date: 5/7/2004 1:44 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >> >From: Orac [email protected]
    >> >Date: 5/2/2004 1:23 PM Pacific Standard Time

    >> >Actually, the number I got when I did the search was 1,130 (although
    >> >after I post that, the search will probably show one or two more).
    >> >
    >> >See:
    >> >
    >> >http://www.google.com/groups?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&c2coff=1
    >> >&q=nazis+author%3Aorac&btnG=Search

    >> >Tsk, tsk, tsk. You didn't bother to look at the context of those posts,
    >> >did you

    >> Umm, this tread isn't about what I did or didn't do.
    >>
    >> You claimed:
    >>
    >> >The hyperbole to which I was referring was your bringing up the Nazis.

    >> I proved, you are a hypocrite, as you postsings using the word are many

    >more
    >> than IIena.

    >I pointed out to you

    More of the same defense for a *gang* member. Personally, I don't really care
    how many times Orac has used the word.

    I just care that one is a hypocrite.

    Truth is Orac as usual just wanted to belittle.

    Jan

    Snip

  10. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    >[email protected]
    >Date: 5/7/2004 1:46 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >> >From: Orac [email protected]
    >> >Date: 5/2/2004 1:27 PM Pacific Standard Time

    >> >Actually, only 1,130 times over seven years, the vast majority of them
    >> >in the narrow discussion of Holocaust history and in combatting
    >> >Holocaust denial on Usenet:

    >> Actually one get different answers depending on how one does the search.
    >>
    >> At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    >No, it does not

    Of course it does.

    <snip more defense of Orac, who should have had the good sense not to have not
    posted what made him a hypocrite.>

    Jan

  11. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: Orac [email protected]
    >Date: 5/7/2004 4:08 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
    >
    >> >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >> >From: Orac [email protected]
    >> >Date: 5/2/2004 1:27 PM Pacific Standard Time

    >> >Actually, only 1,130 times over seven years, the vast majority of them
    >> >in the narrow discussion of Holocaust history and in combatting
    >> >Holocaust denial on Usenet:

    >> Actually one get different answers depending on how one does the search.
    >>
    >> At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    >Not at all.

    Wrong.

    >My mentioning the Nazis was nearly always appropriate

    Nothing was said about appropriate.

    You have mentioned Nazi's far more than IIena, yout attempt at belittling just
    proved you a hypocrite.

    Jan

  12. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: Orac [email protected]
    >Date: 5/7/2004 4:09 PM Pacific Standard Time

    >Maybe Jan thinks hyperbole refers only to the number of times something
    >is mentioned.

    Your weaseling is noted.

    Jan

  13. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    > >[email protected]
    > >Date: 5/7/2004 1:46 PM Pacific Standard Time
    > >

    > >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    > >> At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    > >No, it does not

    > Of course it does.
    >
    > <snip more defense of Orac, who should have had the good sense not to have not
    > posted what made him a hypocrite.>

    LOL! Jan's apparent basis for calling me a "hypocrite": I used the term
    "Nazis" many times during my years of debunking Holocaust deniers on
    Usenet. As I have pointed out, it's rather hard to discuss the Holocaust
    without frequently mentioning Nazis.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  14. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: Orac [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/7/2004 4:09 PM Pacific Standard Time

    > >Maybe Jan thinks hyperbole refers only to the number of times something
    > >is mentioned.

    > Your weaseling is noted.

    Your inability to understand context is noted.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  15. Orac

    Orac Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: Orac [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/7/2004 4:08 PM Pacific Standard Time

    > >My mentioning the Nazis was nearly always appropriate

    > Nothing was said about appropriate.

    Wrong, Jan. Appropriate versus inappropriate use in one instance was the
    heart of the criticism of Ilena's use of the term "Nazis," not the
    number of times she or anyone else has used the term in the past.

    > You have mentioned Nazi's far more than IIena, yout attempt at belittling just
    > proved you a hypocrite.

    Straw man. I never criticized Ilena for the number of times Ilena
    mentioned Nazis. I criticized her for one specific instance in which she
    inappropriately invoked the Nazis.

    |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you
    | inconvenience me with questions?"

  16. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    > >[email protected]
    > >Date: 5/7/2004 1:46 PM Pacific Standard Time
    > >

    > >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    10.

    > >> Actually one get different answers depending on how one does the

    search.

    > >> At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    > >No, it does not

    > Of course it does.
    >
    > <snip more defense of Orac, who should have had the good sense not to have

    not
    > posted what made him a hypocrite.>

    Jan, you should back up a moment and have a second opinion on this issue.
    You persistence in calling Orac a hypocrite is making you look like a fool.

    And, DO NOT snip anything I write that you are directly addressing. To do so
    is dishonest. Here is what I said, restored:

    No, it does not. Orac's use of the term was to refute Deniers of Shoah, and
    was totally contextually appropriate. The other use was pure hyperbole.

    Definition of hyperbole:

    hyperbole
    SYLLABICATION: hy·per·bo·le
    PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: h-pûrb-l KEY
    NOUN: A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or
    effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
    ETYMOLOGY: Latin hyperbol, from Greek huperbol, excess, from huperballein,
    to exceed : huper, beyond; see hyper- + ballein, to throw; see gwel- in
    Appendix I.

    Calling someone who supported the mass genocide of WWII a Nazi is NOT
    hyperbole, by definition. That is NOT to say, however, that was Orac's only
    use of the term. To discuss the Holocaust in an intelligent manner, one must
    use the word 'Nazi'.

  17. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: Orac [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/7/2004 4:08 PM Pacific Standard Time

    10.

    > >> Actually one get different answers depending on how one does the

    search.

    > >> At any rate it is far more that IIena, which makes you a hypocrite.

    > >Not at all.

    > Wrong.
    >
    > >My mentioning the Nazis was nearly always appropriate

    > Nothing was said about appropriate.
    >
    > You have mentioned Nazi's far more than IIena, yout attempt at belittling

    just
    > proved you a hypocrite.

    It i snot the number of times, but the context in which the word was used
    that makes one hyperbole, and Orac's not.

  18. "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    > >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 5, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    > >[email protected]
    > >Date: 5/5/2004 8:47 AM Pacific Standard Time
    > >
    > >Anth, I do not respond to anything that the

    Woman-Whose-Name-I-Will-Not-Type
    > >publishes on her pages of sickness.

    > However, that is new. Mark/Marla did plenty of replying, once upon a time.
    >
    > http://www.humanticsfoundation.com/PropagandistProbert.html

    Jan, you are a f*cking bitch. I attempted to be polite and courteous to you
    for the past week, and you post that insame bitch's defamatory web pages.

    AFAIAC< you are a sick as she is.

    The gloves are back off.

  19. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: Orac [email protected]
    >Date: 5/8/2004 9:19 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Jan) wrote:
    >
    >> >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >> >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    >> >[email protected]
    >> >Date: 5/7/2004 1:46 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >> >

    >> >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]

    >> >No, it does not

    >> Of course it does.
    >>
    >> <snip more defense of Orac, who should have had the good sense not to have

    not posted what made him a hypocrite.>

    > I used the term

    Many more times that IIean, then make a snide remark about her using it. That's
    being a hypocrite.

    Plain and simple, no need to go into why you used it.

    Jan

  20. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 8, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    >[email protected]
    >Date: 5/8/2004 12:50 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> >Subject: Re: ~~~My Transgendered Activities ~~~
    >> >From: "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 7, 2004" M.a.r.kP.r.o.b.e.r.t
    >> >[email protected]
    >> >Date: 5/7/2004 1:46 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >> >

    >> >"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email protected]

    >10.

    >search.

    >> >No, it does not

    >> Of course it does.
    >>
    >> <snip more defense of Orac, who should have had the good sense not to have

    >not
    >> posted what made him a hypocrite.>

    >Jan, you should back up a moment and have a second opinion on this issue.
    >You persistence in calling Orac a hypocrite is making you look like a fool.

    Typical *gang* response.

    When someone is in the habit of doing something *frequently*, and then accuse
    others of it, to belittle, that's a hypocrite..

    >And, DO NOT snip anything I write

    Say what??? Do NOT even think of telling me what to do!!!

    Now HEAR THIS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    It does NOT matter how or why Orac used it.

    Period.

    Jan

    <snip>