My turkey dressing is going to be great!!!

kilikini wrote:

> "jillie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> jillie (who would give $100 for a left over turkey, dressing, and
>> cranberry relish sandwich right now)
>>
>> Roseville, CA
>>

> I have some smoked turkey we made on Saturday, or was that Sunday?
> (drunken weekend, sorry). Anyway, would that work? Got a nice rye
> bread, too.
>
> kili

There's a place in nearby Chestnut Hill, PA called H & J McNally's that
was just featured on foodTV for "The DICKENS". Fresh (roasted daily)
turkey slices packed in stuffing and slapped on bread or kaiser roll
lathered with cranberry sauce. $7 (ok, $6.99). Served daily, year round.

--
Andy

"TammyM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:30:39 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>,
>> [email protected] (TammyM) wrote:

>>> I think it's weirder to pay $2.99/bag for a 7-oz bag of dried bread
>>> cubes -- the going price at the local Albertsons!
>>>
>>> TammyM

>>Jeez, that seems steep. If it were me, I'd be drying Wonder bread -
>>actually, I would have cubed it last week and let it sit to air-dry.

> 'zactly. Or making it in the ABM which is even cheapuh!
>
> TammyM, parsimonious

This morning, pulling out the bread machine from storage to make some bread
for 'stuffing.' Will make two loaves for a 15 lb. bird.
No problem doing this, and I know that my ingredients are fresh, the whole
wheat flour that I add is not "off" and the oil that I add is of good
quality; and of course, the water is good. This will probably make 3 lbs.
of stuffing? Jeez, how much would Albertson's get for that? Do the math.
Dee Dee

"TammyM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:30:39 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>,
>> [email protected] (TammyM) wrote:

>>> I think it's weirder to pay $2.99/bag for a 7-oz bag of dried bread
>>> cubes -- the going price at the local Albertsons!
>>>
>>> TammyM

>>Jeez, that seems steep. If it were me, I'd be drying Wonder bread -
>>actually, I would have cubed it last week and let it sit to air-dry.

> 'zactly. Or making it in the ABM which is even cheapuh!
>
> TammyM, parsimonious

This morning, pulling out the bread machine from storage to make some bread
for 'stuffing.' Will make two loaves for a 15 lb. bird.
No problem doing this, and I know that my ingredients are fresh, the whole
wheat flour that I add is not "off" and the oil that I add is of good
quality; and of course, the water is good. This will probably make 3 lbs.
of stuffing? Jeez, how much would Albertson's get for that? Do the math.
Dee Dee

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:29:36 -0500, "Dee Randall"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"TammyM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:30:39 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Jeez, that seems steep. If it were me, I'd be drying Wonder bread -
>>>actually, I would have cubed it last week and let it sit to air-dry.

>> 'zactly. Or making it in the ABM which is even cheapuh!
>>
>> TammyM, parsimonious

>This morning, pulling out the bread machine from storage to make some bread
>for 'stuffing.' Will make two loaves for a 15 lb. bird.
>No problem doing this, and I know that my ingredients are fresh, the whole
>wheat flour that I add is not "off" and the oil that I add is of good
>quality; and of course, the water is good. This will probably make 3 lbs.
>of stuffing? Jeez, how much would Albertson's get for that? Do the math.

It's ridiculous, isn't it?! I think the main reason I got back into
bread baking is that it is so difficult to find decent bread (without
high fructose corn syrup and/or hydrogenated fats), and impossible to
find decent bread at a reasonable price.

TammyM