My two orange bikes

93XO1Rider

Apr 24, 2004
rt.jpg

rside2.jpg

Nice bikes!!! Although you seem to have two really nice bikes that serve pretty much the same purpose. No?

I'm a bicycle commuter, actually I have 4 bikes that I commute on, just for variety. Since all my bikes serve the same purpose (to get me back and forth to and from work) I could really get by with one bike.

The XO-1 I've had for a long time and it will last for ever, it's just such a collectible at this point that I wanted to keep it in pristine shape. The Rivendell I bought as "eye candy" but it is a great commute bike and rides like a dream. I'm a believer in long lasting, good looking bikes. To me that translates to lugged steel. I don't want a 17 pound carbon fiber bike that will be in a landfill in ten years.

A few years ago I used to sell a bike when I bought a bike, now I've decided never to sell another bike - when I can't get anything else in my garage besides bikes I'll think about thinning out the herd.

Mark
http://www.polakoff.com

Originally posted by meehs
Nice bikes!!! Although you seem to have two really nice bikes that serve pretty much the same purpose. No?
:D