my website

Good start Sean! Could do with some better piccis of you perhaps in action..and a little better
alignment of text in the frames. Apart from that it is great to see your underlying passion for
triathlon - the most important aspect here that you communicate.

Have a question: is there a 50m pool in Glasgow? I love Glasgow as a city and have read somewhere
that there is a 50m pool complex, - what is it like? As a triathlete a 50 m pool is very important
to me when considering places to study/work...:)..not many in UK....

Rebecca

news:[email protected]...

"Rebecca Bishop" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> a 50 m pool is very important to me when considering places to study/work...:)..not many
> in UK....

and if a 50m pool is deciding factor, I'd head for Oviedo in Northern Spain. Great University, 50m
pool, great town, lots of cools runs, great roads and conditions for biking... ++Mark.

Mark Cathcart <[email protected]> wrote:
>I used to think a 50m pool was better to swim in, and still like to swim in a 50m pool when I can,
>its hard to imagine its important. It won't help your swimming much, you can do fast, hard 200m
>sets in a 20m pool probably as well as you can in a 50m pool. ++Mark.

Better yet to find a lake or the ocean.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

"Rebecca Bishop" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Have a question: is there a 50m pool in Glasgow? I love Glasgow as a city and have read somewhere
> that there is a 50m pool complex, - what is it like? As a triathlete a 50 m pool is very important
> to me when considering places to study/work...:)..not many in UK....

Complete list of 50m Pools in the UK can be found here...
http://www.prstubbs.btinternet.co.uk/olist.htm

It confirms that there is a 50m pool at Tollcross Park Leisure Centre, Wellshot Road, Glasgow G32
7QR and others in East Kilbride, Edinburgh and Stirling in Scotland.

Don't be surprised though that most of these pools rarely operate as 50m pools but use moveable
walls or booms to split them into 2x 25m pools, or a 30m and 20m pool.

I used to think a 50m pool was better to swim in, and still like to swim in a 50m pool when I can,
its hard to imagine its important. It won't help your swimming much, you can do fast, hard 200m sets
in a 20m pool probably as well as you can in a 50m pool. ++Mark.

++Mark.

Jason O'Rourke wrote:

> Better yet to find a lake or the ocean.

You've never been to Scotland, have you?

Last time I was in Edinburgh, the Commonwealth pool complex was still 50m and the full length was
available for lane swimming. That was a few years ago though, so things may have changed. STF

Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
>Jason O'Rourke wrote:
>> Better yet to find a lake or the ocean.
>
>You've never been to Scotland, have you?

Where do you race?

It's 50F/10C here, btw, occasionally getting up close to 60.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

Jason O'Rourke wrote:

> Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Jason O'Rourke wrote:
> >> Better yet to find a lake or the ocean.
> >
> >You've never been to Scotland, have you?
>
> Where do you race?

New Zealand now, used to race in Scotland. Here today it was a sunny 14C with wind chill down to 4C,
water temp 10-12C. Open water swimming in Scotland in the lochs is generally an easy way to drown.
They are mostly very deep and very cold upwelling currents. I've had/seen too many close calls
sailing and windsurfing (with wetsuit) to recommend that as a training option there...

Similar here in NZ, open water swim training happens more often in North Island, down here the
glacial lakes have much the same problem as back in Scotland. Queenstown in December for example for
the ITU Aquathon they have switched format because wetsuits will be compulsory due to likely water
temperatures.

> It's 50F/10C here, btw, occasionally getting up close to 60.

Blowing a gale here now and we are racing a sprint duathlon tomorrow morning. Oh well, at least it
won't be frosty... STF