my weight loss

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Becki, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Becki

    Becki Guest

    i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when i started i weighed
    21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow now
    i mean ive only lost about 14lb since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk
    loads still not getting any where any ideas any one please

    ---

  2. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:14:05 -0000, "becki" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when i started i weighed
    >21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow
    >now i mean ive only lost about 14lb since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk
    >loads still not getting any where any ideas any one please

    Wow you have been so successful! 100+ pounds down in a year. You've sustained losing 2lbs a week and
    thats quite an achievement.

    Recently you're down to 1lb a week. That is really only to be expected. It's much easier to lose
    lots of weight when your heavy, and much more difficult when you are lighter.

    There's not much advice I can give to speed things up. Lowering calories isn't the answer that will
    just slow things down more. It may well be worth trying mixing things up a bit. Try higher points
    one day and lower the next.

    Do you do weight lifting at the gym? Thats worth a try if you don't do it already

    I don't think that the rate of losing is that important. It's far more important to plod on and get
    there in the end.

    Good luck

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  3. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Your progress is excellent. Go over your journals to see if you are adding something different to
    the menus that might actually be higher in points than you think. Are you weighing or measuring
    everything you eat or is there some guessing on certain things? maybe you are under counting
    something. My leader also suggested adding lots of variety into my menus. I was basically eating the
    same breakfast and lunch 5 or 6 days a week. How much fat are you eating? Add some peanut butter or
    olive oil. I was told to get 2 points of fat per day. So I have peanut butter on an english muffin a
    few days a week now. I switched to 2% milk from 1% to add a little bit of fat.

    Don't get discouraged by dropping down to 1 pound per week. I dropped down to about 1/2 pound per
    week back in September. Now with a few minor changes I seem to be back to 1+ pounds per week.
    Remember losing the weight too fast sets you up to regain it since you really have not treated this
    as a WOL but a diet.

    "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when
    > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight
    > loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    14lb
    > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    still
    > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    > ---

  4. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Hey I don't think that is slow :). I only lost about and average of just
    over a pound a week. I still got it all off :).

    "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when
    > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight
    > loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    14lb
    > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    still
    > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    > ---

  5. Connie

    Connie Guest

    becki wrote:
    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when i started i weighed
    > 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow
    > now i mean ive only lost about 14lb since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week
    > walk loads still not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    > ---

    14 lbs since December is more than a lb a week. That is great!! That is what I've been doing since
    the beginning! WW recommends 1-2 lbs a week and you are right in that zone.

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

  6. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    becki wrote:

    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when i started i weighed
    > 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow
    > now i mean ive only lost about 14lb since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week
    > walk loads still not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >
    > ---

    Some folk do just lose slower than other. I started with 70 lbs to lose, and so far it's taken 18
    months to lose half of it. Gall bladder disease and op didn't help me lose any quicker, but they did
    help me stay on track when I got depressed about the slowness!.

    You've already lost over 100 lbs at the average rate of about 2 per week, which is bang on target.
    Very often really heavy people lose very quickly to start with, but this slows as the weight comes
    down, so you average out nicely. Just hang in there, eat the points made up of the right foods, have
    an occasional treat, and drink all your water! Plateaux happen, and so do slow patches, and weeks
    where you gain, but so long at the general trend is down, that's fine.

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  7. I think your progress is great. Losing to fast is not good anyway and you have kept that off which
    is even better. Kristine Quilici "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]
    win... i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when i started i weighed
    21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow now
    i mean ive only lost about 14lb since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk
    loads still not getting any where any ideas any one please

    ---

  8. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I think you've done incredibly well, losing 100 pounds in a year is fantastic! Weightloss will
    always be faster the heavier you weigh, as your weight declines the rate of loss will also decline.
    You now appear to be losing about 1 pound per week, again well within the healthy range that ww
    suggests and not considered slow by any means. yes, it's slower than what you'd probably like and
    slower than what you have been used to - but it is the healthiest way to go. Hang in there and don't
    get overly concerned. As long as you are losing, you are definitely doing things right.

    Joyce

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:14:05 -0000, "becki" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when i started i weighed
    >21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow
    >now i mean ive only lost about 14lb since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk
    >loads still not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    >---

  9. JulieB

    JulieB Guest

    The recommended 1-2lbs a weeks is really about 1% of your body weight per week. So, as you get
    smaller, so too will your losses per week get smaller. You are doing fabulously well - just stick
    with it and you'll get to goal. My average loss was 0.7lbs per week - it doesn't matter how long it
    takes to get there, just so long as you eventually do.

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when
    > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight
    > loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    14lb
    > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    still
    > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    > ---

  10. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when
    > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight
    > loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    14lb
    > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    still
    > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    > ---

    That is excellent.. You are doing so well.. I hope I am lucky enough to lose atleast 2 pounds
    per week..
    --
    Kelly in Oz
    133.5/124.3/65kgs

  11. sometimes the body needs a period of readjustment. You might try and
    recheck all you are doing like measuring portions, eating enough of your
    activity points and drinking enough water. I have periods of time where I
    will lose little or nothing for a while then good loosing then another stall
    time. I just hang in and keep on points and the over all trend is down.
    good luck, lee
    becki <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when
    > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight
    > loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    14lb
    > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    still
    > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    > ---

  12. Becki

    Becki Guest

    i do the cardio for 45mins then 30 of each on most of the weights too....
    imust admit i am very impatient :D
    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:14:05 -0000, "becki" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when
    > >started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight
    > >loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    14lb
    > >since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    still
    > >not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >
    > Wow you have been so successful! 100+ pounds down in a year. You've sustained losing 2lbs a week
    > and thats quite an achievement.
    >
    > Recently you're down to 1lb a week. That is really only to be expected. It's much easier to lose
    > lots of weight when your heavy, and much more difficult when you are lighter.
    >
    > There's not much advice I can give to speed things up. Lowering calories isn't the answer that
    > will just slow things down more. It may well be worth trying mixing things up a bit. Try higher
    > points one day and lower the next.
    >
    > Do you do weight lifting at the gym? Thats worth a try if you don't do it already
    >
    > I don't think that the rate of losing is that important. It's far more important to plod on and
    > get there in the end.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/202/182

    ---

  13. Becki

    Becki Guest

    i stopped going to the meetings 7months ago because the leader was very
    arogant and only seemed to have time for a certain group of people i still
    weigh my self once a week and do have veriety in my diet i like to
    experiment with food but i do weigh everything
    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:SZ8%[email protected]...
    > Your progress is excellent. Go over your journals to see if you are adding something different to
    > the menus that might actually be higher in points than you think. Are you weighing or measuring
    > everything you eat or is
    there
    > some guessing on certain things? maybe you are under counting something.
    My
    > leader also suggested adding lots of variety into my menus. I was
    basically
    > eating the same breakfast and lunch 5 or 6 days a week. How much fat are
    you
    > eating? Add some peanut butter or olive oil. I was told to get 2 points of fat per day. So I have
    > peanut butter on an english muffin a few days a
    week
    > now. I switched to 2% milk from 1% to add a little bit of fat.
    >
    > Don't get discouraged by dropping down to 1 pound per week. I dropped down to about 1/2 pound per
    > week back in September. Now with a few minor
    changes
    > I seem to be back to 1+ pounds per week. Remember losing the weight too
    fast
    > sets you up to regain it since you really have not treated this as a WOL
    but
    > a diet.
    >
    > "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year
    when
    > > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know
    is
    > > great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    > 14lb
    > > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    > still
    > > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    > >

    > > ---
    > > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.592 / Virus Database: 375 - Release Date: 18/02/04

    ---

  14. sorry you had a bad leader, I love mine, Lee
    becki <[email protected]> wrote in message news:A9r%[email protected]...
    > i stopped going to the meetings 7months ago because the leader was very arogant and only seemed to
    > have time for a certain group of people i still weigh my self once a week and do have veriety in
    > my diet i like to experiment with food but i do weigh everything "Laura" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:SZ8%[email protected]...
    > > Your progress is excellent. Go over your journals to see if you are
    adding
    > > something different to the menus that might actually be higher in points than you think. Are you
    > > weighing or measuring everything you eat or is
    > there
    > > some guessing on certain things? maybe you are under counting something.
    > My
    > > leader also suggested adding lots of variety into my menus. I was
    > basically
    > > eating the same breakfast and lunch 5 or 6 days a week. How much fat are
    > you
    > > eating? Add some peanut butter or olive oil. I was told to get 2 points
    of
    > > fat per day. So I have peanut butter on an english muffin a few days a
    > week
    > > now. I switched to 2% milk from 1% to add a little bit of fat.
    > >
    > > Don't get discouraged by dropping down to 1 pound per week. I dropped
    down
    > > to about 1/2 pound per week back in September. Now with a few minor
    > changes
    > > I seem to be back to 1+ pounds per week. Remember losing the weight too
    > fast
    > > sets you up to regain it since you really have not treated this as a WOL
    > but
    > > a diet.
    > >
    > > "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > > > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year
    > when
    > > > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know
    > is
    > > > great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost
    about
    > > 14lb
    > > > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    > > still
    > > > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.592 / Virus Database: 375 - Release Date: 18/02/04
    > > >

    > ---

  15. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:37:20 -0000, "becki" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >i do the cardio for 45mins then 30 of each on most of the weights too.... imust admit i am very
    >impatient :D

    Just a small point. Can you do weights first then cardio afterwards? You'll get better results that
    way. Ie you'll lift more weight or the same weight easier, with less chance of injury.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  16. Becki

    Becki Guest

    i will try that next week unfortunately my son has chickenpox so have only
    beenable to go onec this week having been doing exercise at home tho
    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:37:20 -0000, "becki" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >i do the cardio for 45mins then 30 of each on most of the weights too.... imust admit i am very
    > >impatient :D
    >
    > Just a small point. Can you do weights first then cardio afterwards? You'll get better results
    > that way. Ie you'll lift more weight or the same weight easier, with less chance of injury.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/202/182

    ---

  17. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I think that is one of the reasons that I did not go back in September when I came home from my
    mother's. (I took care of her for the summer). My leader was okay but nothing to write home about.
    My current one is excellent and makes going to the meetings worthwhile. See if you can find another
    meeting. Who knows,maybe that leader is not there anymore. I know my original leader has moved on to
    other things.

    "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:A9r%[email protected]...
    > i stopped going to the meetings 7months ago because the leader was very arogant and only seemed to
    > have time for a certain group of people i still weigh my self once a week and do have veriety in
    > my diet i like to experiment with food but i do weigh everything "Laura" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:SZ8%[email protected]...
    > > Your progress is excellent. Go over your journals to see if you are
    adding
    > > something different to the menus that might actually be higher in points than you think. Are you
    > > weighing or measuring everything you eat or is
    > there
    > > some guessing on certain things? maybe you are under counting something.
    > My
    > > leader also suggested adding lots of variety into my menus. I was
    > basically
    > > eating the same breakfast and lunch 5 or 6 days a week. How much fat are
    > you
    > > eating? Add some peanut butter or olive oil. I was told to get 2 points
    of
    > > fat per day. So I have peanut butter on an english muffin a few days a
    > week
    > > now. I switched to 2% milk from 1% to add a little bit of fat.
    > >
    > > Don't get discouraged by dropping down to 1 pound per week. I dropped
    down
    > > to about 1/2 pound per week back in September. Now with a few minor
    > changes
    > > I seem to be back to 1+ pounds per week. Remember losing the weight too
    > fast
    > > sets you up to regain it since you really have not treated this as a WOL
    > but
    > > a diet.
    > >
    > > "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > > > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year
    > when
    > > > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know
    > is
    > > > great but.. my weight loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost
    about
    > > 14lb
    > > > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    > > still
    > > > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.592 / Virus Database: 375 - Release Date: 18/02/04
    > > >

    > ---

  18. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    wow becki, you've done great. No advice here, just hang with it... don't
    give in and you'll lose again. Sometimes our bodies get comfy (like mine)
    and I've been stuck around 240 since Oct of '02. Seriously. Good luck! :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    "becki" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yi8%[email protected]...
    > i've been following the weight watcher diet since february last year when
    > started i weighed 21stone4lb(298lb) im now 14stone(196lb) which i know is great but.. my weight
    > loss is soooo slow now i mean ive only lost about
    14lb
    > since december... i stick to my points go gym twice a week walk loads
    still
    > not getting any where any ideas any one please
    >

    > ---

  19. Becki

    Becki Guest

    shes still there unfortunately i saw her the other day full of big fake
    smiles and plesentries :s
> [...]
    > > > eating the same breakfast and lunch 5 or 6 days a week. How much fat
    are
    > > you
    > > > eating? Add some peanut butter or olive oil. I was told to get 2
    points
    > of
    > > > fat per day. So I have peanut butter on an english muffin a few days a
    > > week
    > > > now. I switched to 2% milk from 1% to add a little bit of fat.
    > > >
    > > > Don't get discouraged by dropping down to 1 pound per week. I dropped
    > down
    > > > to about 1/2 pound per week back in September. Now with a few minor
    > > changes
    > > > I seem to be back to 1+ pounds per week. Remember losing the weight
    too
    > > fast
    > > > sets you up to regain it since you really have not treated this as a

  20. Becki