Mystery Cleat ID Help Request

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jim Edgar, Mar 15, 2003.

  1. Jim Edgar

    Jim Edgar Guest

    Greetings All -

    I've been polling the grizzled veterans I know, but so far, no one seems to recognize this cleat:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~cyclofiend/Images/Cycling/misc/MysteryCleat.jpg

    It was on a low-cut pair of SIDI's which I found at a thrift shop, which I'd planned to use on my
    fixed-gear which has platforms and straps (um, that's pedals and toeclips - not some new Victoria's
    Secret collection...).

    Any help would be appreciated - I can supply more photos if necessary.

    -- Jim

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    I think I remember that one, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. IIRC, the pedal
    was similar in concept to Onza's elastomer system, but built on something like a Suntour Superbe
    Pro pedal.

    Anyone else?

    Mike "Jim Edgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA98B5DD.3A8D9%[email protected]...
    > Greetings All -
    >
    > I've been polling the grizzled veterans I know, but so far, no one seems
    > recognize this cleat:
    >
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~cyclofiend/Images/Cycling/misc/MysteryCleat.jpg
    >
    > It was on a low-cut pair of SIDI's which I found at a thrift shop, which
    I'd
    > planned to use on my fixed-gear which has platforms and straps (um, that's pedals and toeclips -
    > not some new Victoria's Secret collection...).
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated - I can supply more photos if necessary.
    >
    > -- Jim

  3. Michael Dunn

    Michael Dunn Guest

    Haven't seen one of those in quite a while! That is a Grafton MTB pedal cleat from the mid 1980s.

    --
    Michael Dunn Valencia Sport Group http://www.vsportgroup.com "Jim Edgar" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message news:BA98B5DD.3A8D9%[email protected]...
    > Greetings All -
    >
    > I've been polling the grizzled veterans I know, but so far, no one seems
    > recognize this cleat:
    >
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~cyclofiend/Images/Cycling/misc/MysteryCleat.jpg
    >
    > It was on a low-cut pair of SIDI's which I found at a thrift shop, which
    I'd
    > planned to use on my fixed-gear which has platforms and straps (um, that's pedals and toeclips -
    > not some new Victoria's Secret collection...).
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated - I can supply more photos if necessary.
    >
    > -- Jim

  4. Jim Edgar

    Jim Edgar Guest

    Ahaa! Thank you Michael - hadn't thought to look at MTB pedals!

    -- Jim