Mystery form?

tcklyde

Dec 17, 2003
Anyone heard anything about:

Menchov? (No Giro... Oher races? I thought he was going to start a classic...)

Simioni?

Mayo? (Apparently starting the Giro...)

Rujano? (With his contract disputes and comments about focusing on the Tour, I'm not sure what his form will be like for the Giro...)

Rasmussen?

Levi, since he got ill and recovered?

I appreciate those two are shooting for the Tour.

musette said:
Rasmussen?

Levi, since he got ill and recovered?

I appreciate those two are shooting for the Tour.
So it's ok for some riders who are aiming for the tour not to seen or heard but not ok for a certain other rider to start by completing a tough race after a knee injury to get racing miles in and so to greatly underperform as a result (against others who've been racing weeks/months)?

tcklyde said:

Simioni?

Rujano? (With his contract disputes and comments about focusing on the Tour, I'm not sure what his form will be like for the Giro...)

I saw Mayo in the Tour of the Basque Country - he actually moved to the front of the climbing group on stage 2 at one point and then faded.

Menchov ? Last I heard he was Rabo's TDF main man.

Simoni - well you know that he left Lampre for (?) : but I have heard and read nothing about him except he did the MSR grandfondo with Basso!

Rujano's doing the Giro as he got his contract settled with Selle Italia.

Simoni finished two seconds ahead of Mayo in Liege Bastogne Liege in 22 place at 45". Rujano had a decent ride at Giro del Trentino finishing 11th on GC.

limerickman said:
I saw Mayo in the Tour of the Basque Country - he actually moved to the front of the climbing group on stage 2 at one point and then faded.

Menchov ? Last I heard he was Rabo's TDF main man.

Simoni - well you know that he left Lampre for (?) : but I have heard and read nothing about him except he did the MSR grandfondo with Basso!

Rujano's doing the Giro as he got his contract settled with Selle Italia.
The mystery form question is always a good one because someone always hides good form for the tour. Basso did an amazing job of this in 2004. He lost loads of time in the Dauphine and had been absent before that. Then pulled Lance up the Pyrennees in the tour.

Lim, Simoni went to Saunier Duval. He has been showing little glimpses of form all along so I expect him to come good in May.... oh my gosh, it's May already. Here we go.

tcklyde said:

Simioni?

Menchov - didn`t hear anything about him this season..

Simoni - rode Giro del Trentino and was outsprinted by Cunego in mountain stage 2. He finished 8th overall then. He rode few other italian races..the same as last years. Wait few more days and you`ll hear more about him.

Mayo - I still wonder what happened to him after Tdf 03. Lack of motivation because 04 season? He is one of the biggest mysteries for me. As limerickman said, he showed a bit better form in Basq tour. I`d love to see him back.

Rujano - He`s probably training at home on 4500 m of elevation..just a guess..didn`t hear anything of him as well after his contract affair.