Mystery invention

"Tom Nakashima" wrote: I guessed a douche bag before reading the
description.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My guess was a distribution system for body deodorant ;-)

If enough of us post our bad guesses, then someone will eventually get it by
process of elimination.

On Jan 24, 3:55 pm, "Leo Lichtman" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> "Tom Nakashima" wrote: I guessed a douche bag before reading the
>
> description.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> My guess was a distribution system for body deodorant ;-)
>
> If enough of us post our bad guesses, then someone will eventually get it by
> process of elimination.

We'll probably halt before that.

Mark me as in the 'deodorant' camp at first.

Brian Huntley wrote:

> Mark me as in the 'deodorant' camp at first.

I thought leg cooler at first. Then realised how stupid that idea was.
Then remembered how stupid the patent system is, and revised my idea to
plausible once again.

A bit disappointed once I read it though. I've used a water pistol filled
with vinegar. At least my idea is more portable, and cheaper.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org>

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:12:42 +1100, John Tserkezis
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Brian Huntley wrote:
>
>> Mark me as in the 'deodorant' camp at first.

> I thought leg cooler at first. Then realised how stupid that idea was.
>Then remembered how stupid the patent system is, and revised my idea to
>plausible once again.
>
> A bit disappointed once I read it though. I've used a water pistol filled
>with vinegar. At least my idea is more portable, and cheaper.

Dear John,

"Leg-cooler" makes more sense than anything that occurred to me when I
saw Sarah's contraption.

As for your water pistol, please, let's use the right tool for the
job!

Elegant ammonia model:

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot....d=&lotsortorder=timeleftasc&pagenum=6&action=

Our great-grandfathers didn't rely on cap-guns, either:

Probably blank-firing models, possibly cap-guns:

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot....d=&lotsortorder=timeleftasc&pagenum=8&action=

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot....d=&lotsortorder=timeleftasc&pagenum=8&action=

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot....d=&lotsortorder=timeleftasc&pagenum=7&action=

Naturally, I wondered if a plain 1890s water-pistol would fetch
similar prices.

This site shows 1896 water pistols (#123 and #124) being auctioned for
only $25 to $40, much less than the bicycle weapons at $65 to $175:
http://www.maurerail.com/asp/auctionlist.asp?iano=340

There are also 1890s cap pistols, most of them at similarly low
prices.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

"John Tserkezis" wrote: (clip) A bit disappointed once I read it though.
I've used a water pistol filled
> with vinegar. (clip)

Drat! I'm afraid you've spilled the beans. I was hoping that a long and
silly list would develop.

I'll supply a few ideas anyway: Pedal-powered lawn sprinkler. Weed-killer
sprayer for multi-use trails. Smoke emitter for stunt riders. Air sample
collector for environmental lab. Extinguisher for putting out discarded
cigarette butts. Crop sprayer.