MYSTERY! Naked starting grid poster?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by ffs1942, Sep 9, 2006.

1. ffs1942

ffs1942 New Member

You might have or may have had one of these. I saw them in the back of bike mechanics shops and college dorms through the 70's and early 80's.

It depicted a group of women, clad only in cycling shoes or maybe an occasional cycling cap or leather helmet and mounting 10 spds, preparing for a race.

Where is it from?
    I'm told it's from a record album( a record is a flat piece of grooved plastic that makes music).

Is it from a Queen album?

Tags:

2. mikesbytes

mikesbytes New Member

Yes its from one of Queen's album's. The one that has the song bicycle on it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ffs1942

ffs1942 New Member

HA! Thanx Mike! Didn't we date ourselves? Never a big Queen fan, but remember the radio ads with cuts from"Fat Bottom Girls"-"Get on your bikes and ride!" and "I want to ride my bicycle", so I figured it was that one.

I'll try to download the image to a printer and hang it over my 10-oops-12 spd, but that failing, I wonder where one can still get it?

BTW-What album?

I still don't even have a CD player. The needle on my phonograph tore the heck out of one and then it broke when I folded it to fit in my 8 track. Too bad, it was Chicago V.

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Yup. That's the one. My aunt got me the original Jazz album for Christmas--massively family gift exchange--and the time of the present opening was the last time I saw my poster. Dad took it. I was in 8th grade at the time.

Subsequent releases of the album were changed so that the poster wasn't included. Bastards.

5. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

Hhhhmmm, something new to search for on e-bay... ;)