Naked Rambler Case Dropped

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:33:23 +0000 (UTC), "pennineway" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Should Women, children and dogs walking late at night in dark alleyways feel comfortable when
>approached by naked men? Would you really expect them to and would you feel happy if your children
>were (no pun intended) exposed to them?

If nudity were commonplace it would be a non-issue. Thrill-seekers can only find thrills if what
they do is illicit.

Guy
===

'If nudity were commonplace it would be a non-issue'

If.

But is isn't and hasn't been for thousands of years, so it is an issue.

And the practicalities of widespread nudism would be revolting and unhygienic, which is probably one
of the reasons why it died out!

Would you want to sit on a park bench or a bus after 1500 hundred other nude people?

I could go on, but as we have again wandered off topic, I'll go for a walk (fully clothed) instead!!

> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:33:23 +0000 (UTC), "pennineway" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Should Women, children and dogs walking late at night in dark alleyways
feel
> >comfortable when approached by naked men? Would you really expect them to and would you feel
> >happy if your children were (no pun intended) exposed
> >them?
>
> If nudity were commonplace it would be a non-issue. Thrill-seekers can only find thrills if what
> they do is illicit.
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
> notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of
> downtime between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same
> equipment on the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

Following up to Nick Kew

>> I thought he was a general purpose radio
>> presenter now, Saturday mornings on R4 for instance.
>
>Well, that's a show that started out mildly interesting, but like so many it's gone on too long,
>and seems to struggle for material of any kind of interest.

A little too much emphasis on illlness for me. But he did do the emptiest map square thing, to
get on topic.
--
Mike Reid "Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso Wasdale,landscape photos,freeware,London
& the Thames path etc. "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" Spain, food and walking

pennineway <[email protected]> wrote:

> 'If nudity and naturists were commonplace '
>
> Well it isn't and they aren't (at least not in the Home Counties!) and there is a good reason for
> that. ( And when did you last go for a walk naked?)

10% of the UK population has experienced naturism or swum naked.

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

marc wrote:

>pennineway <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> 'If nudity and naturists were commonplace '
>>
>> Well it isn't and they aren't (at least not in the Home Counties!) and there is a good reason for
>> that. ( And when did you last go for a walk naked?)
>
>10% of the UK population has experienced naturism or swum naked.

That was only because my brother ripped my trunks off... and it was in a private pool... and I was
only 16...
--
remove remove to reply

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:42:03 +0000, [email protected] (marc) wrote:

>pennineway <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> 'If nudity and naturists were commonplace '
>>
>> Well it isn't and they aren't (at least not in the Home Counties!) and there is a good reason for
>> that. ( And when did you last go for a walk naked?)
>
>10% of the UK population has experienced naturism or swum naked.

Is that the proportion that has had a bath?

Richard Webb