Name That Frame!!!

bengibbs

Dec 23, 2003
Does anybody know what this frame is?
It has had a respray and new decals put on it, but Giant said it is not one of theirs.
Any Ideas?

Ben

It looks like an Santa Cruz roadster, but the TT is different and the ST has more cut out from it.

Santa Cruz said it's not one of theirs. Both them and Kestrel said it's probably a Giant but they said it isn't one of theirs either :confused:

Ben

Originally posted by bengibbs
Santa Cruz said it's not one of theirs. Both them and Kestrel said it's probably a Giant but they said it isn't one of theirs either :confused:

Ben

The bloke from Santa Cruz has e-mailed me back, 2 hours later and said the drop outs are different and that he doesn;t know if it's one of his! :D

If he doesn't who does?! lol

Ben

No mate,
If you look at the cut in the seat tube, the one on the above frame goes near enough to the top.
Thanks anyway.

Ben

it could be any one of a hundred brands originating from the one factory in Taiwan or China.

Roughly how old is it? Fuji has a couple 2004 bikes with a similar seat tube cut and seatpost clamp. It might be an older model Fuji.

Originally posted by bengibbs
Found out it might be a Flanders.
Anyone heared of them?

Ben

Bloke from here has got a flanders track bike. He reckons that there road frames are fairly harsh when it comes to road vibration if that helps. Looks like easton tubing because of up near the seat clamp, dont know what flanders are made of tho

check this one out.. a friend has one...

I'm not sure if its the frame, the pic you attached is blurry..

No it isn't but thanks anyway mate.
The seat stay on my bike is placed lower down the seat tube and the seat tube it'self is cut away at the rear wheel.
Cheers for your help,
Ben

Looks like it is a Leader TT frame. You can tell because of the curve at the top of the seat tube around the tube and in where the binding bolt is. If you could see the back of the wheel cutout and see if it is welded in or open that would help, too.