Name that hill & lake

Bob Mannix

Guest
The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
(and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone identify
the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I should be able
to but haven't had the time yet. View the advert at

http://tinyurl.com/prfba

No I am not in league with the AA, a friend asked what the hill was!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

The Fell is Yewbarrow, and the lake is Wastwater . . . .
The road is was filmed on is the Santon bridge to Wasdale Head road . .

Steve Wilcox

"Steve Wilcox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The Fell is Yewbarrow, and the lake is Wastwater . . . .
> The road is was filmed on is the Santon bridge to Wasdale Head road . .
>
> Steve Wilcox

Many thanks for this (and all subsequent) replies!

Bob Mannix

"Bob Mannix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
> (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone
> identify the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I
> should be able to but haven't had the time yet. View the advert at
>
> http://tinyurl.com/prfba
>
> No I am not in league with the AA, a friend asked what the hill was!

Yewbarrow, Wasdale, maybe.

JS

"John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Bob Mannix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
>> (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone
>> identify the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I
>> should be able to but haven't had the time yet. View the advert at
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/prfba
>>
>> No I am not in league with the AA, a friend asked what the hill was!

> Yewbarrow, Wasdale, maybe.
>
> JS
>Wastwater Defo was there!!! when they were filming I'm the guy in the HiVis
>Coat !!!

In message <[email protected]>, Steve Wilcox
<[email protected]> writes
>The Fell is Yewbarrow, and the lake is Wastwater . . . .
>The road is was filmed on is the Santon bridge to Wasdale Head road . .

No doubt about the hill & lack. However a 'screaming kid' alert would
have been nice - I could have muted the sound before my ears were
assailed!

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net

Bob Mannix wrote:
> The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
> (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone identify
> the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I should be able
> to but haven't had the time yet.

Yewbarrow

Wast Water & a shot of the screes....

David.

"214Fells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Bob Mannix wrote:
>> The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
>> (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone
>> identify
>> the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I should be
>> able
>> to but haven't had the time yet.

> Yewbarrow
>
> Wast Water & a shot of the screes....
>
> David.

The giveaway is the scree on the far side of the lake and that small island
a few feet from the bank. The mountain - I immediately said Yewbarrow, then
the second time I watched it, had a small doubt, but the narrow road soon
nodded my head back to my original view.

Jhimmy