Name that hill & lake

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Bob Mannix, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. Bob Mannix

    Bob Mannix Guest

    The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
    (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone identify
    the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I should be able
    to but haven't had the time yet. View the advert at

    http://tinyurl.com/prfba

    No I am not in league with the AA, a friend asked what the hill was!

    --
    Bob Mannix
    (anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

    Tags:

  2. Steve Wilcox

    Steve Wilcox Guest

    The Fell is Yewbarrow, and the lake is Wastwater . . . .
    The road is was filmed on is the Santon bridge to Wasdale Head road . .

    Steve Wilcox

  3. Bob Mannix

    Bob Mannix Guest

    "Steve Wilcox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The Fell is Yewbarrow, and the lake is Wastwater . . . .
    > The road is was filmed on is the Santon bridge to Wasdale Head road . .
    >
    > Steve Wilcox

    Many thanks for this (and all subsequent) replies!

    Bob Mannix

  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    "Bob Mannix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
    > (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone
    > identify the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I
    > should be able to but haven't had the time yet. View the advert at
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/prfba
    >
    > No I am not in league with the AA, a friend asked what the hill was!

    Yewbarrow, Wasdale, maybe.

    JS

  5. Paul Plant

    Paul Plant Guest

    "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Bob Mannix" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
    >> (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone
    >> identify the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I
    >> should be able to but haven't had the time yet. View the advert at
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/prfba
    >>
    >> No I am not in league with the AA, a friend asked what the hill was!

    > Yewbarrow, Wasdale, maybe.
    >
    > JS
    >Wastwater Defo was there!!! when they were filming I'm the guy in the HiVis
    >Coat !!!

  6. Surfer!

    Surfer! Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Steve Wilcox
    <[email protected]> writes
    >The Fell is Yewbarrow, and the lake is Wastwater . . . .
    >The road is was filmed on is the Santon bridge to Wasdale Head road . .

    No doubt about the hill & lack. However a 'screaming kid' alert would
    have been nice - I could have muted the sound before my ears were
    assailed!

    --
    Surfer!
    Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net

  7. 214Fells

    214Fells Guest

    Bob Mannix wrote:
    > The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
    > (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone identify
    > the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I should be able
    > to but haven't had the time yet.

    Yewbarrow

    Wast Water & a shot of the screes....

    David.

  8. Jhimmy

    Jhimmy Guest

    "214Fells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Bob Mannix wrote:
    >> The current AA advert (You've got a friend) was shot in the Lake District
    >> (and Manchester), according to the advertising agency. Can someone
    >> identify
    >> the lake ant the pointy hill that appears towards the end. I should be
    >> able
    >> to but haven't had the time yet.

    > Yewbarrow
    >
    > Wast Water & a shot of the screes....
    >
    > David.

    The giveaway is the scree on the far side of the lake and that small island
    a few feet from the bank. The mountain - I immediately said Yewbarrow, then
    the second time I watched it, had a small doubt, but the narrow road soon
    nodded my head back to my original view.

    Jhimmy