Nashbar - 10% off orders over $75 through 2-9-06

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by [email protected], Feb 7, 2006.

  1. I received this email today. Maybe someone will save some money. Ken

    -----------------------------

    Supergo.com - Has Closed
    Supergo.com has closed. But don't despair. Supergo partnered with one
    of cycling's largest and most customer friendly sites - Nashbar.com -
    to handle all of your cycling needs.
    You can now get all of your cycling needs from Nashbar.com ... where
    there's always a great deal.

    As a special offer to welcome Supergo.com customers, please use the
    link below to receive a 10% discount on your next order over $75 at
    Nashbar.com. Coupon details listed below.

    Use coupon code: NMTCH1 10% discount at Nashbar.com

    Thanks for your past patronage ... we've enjoyed the ride!

    * 10% coupon details. Offer is good on Nashbar.com. No minimum order
    amount required. Good for one-time use only. Cannot be combined with
    other coupons or special offers. Not available via Nashbar affiliate
    sites. Offer expires 2/09/06.

    Tags:

  2. RJ Peterson

    RJ Peterson Guest

    Interesting. I got the same offer from Performance. If you go to the
    Supergo site, you get a coupon number to use on your Performance order --
    10% off. Seems that we have a near monopoly among the major mail order
    bike "stores." (I apologize to Excel Sports, Colorado Cyclist, E-bike,
    Price Point, and all the rest of the lesser players.)

    So, has Performance really cornered the market? Is Nashbar really
    Performance in different clothes?

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I received this email today. Maybe someone will save some money. Ken
    >
    > -----------------------------
    >
    > Supergo.com - Has Closed
    > Supergo.com has closed. But don't despair. Supergo partnered with one
    > of cycling's largest and most customer friendly sites - Nashbar.com -
    > to handle all of your cycling needs.
    > You can now get all of your cycling needs from Nashbar.com ... where
    > there's always a great deal.
    >
    > As a special offer to welcome Supergo.com customers, please use the
    > link below to receive a 10% discount on your next order over $75 at
    > Nashbar.com. Coupon details listed below.
    >
    > Use coupon code: NMTCH1 10% discount at Nashbar.com
    >
    > Thanks for your past patronage ... we've enjoyed the ride!
    >
    > * 10% coupon details. Offer is good on Nashbar.com. No minimum order
    > amount required. Good for one-time use only. Cannot be combined with
    > other coupons or special offers. Not available via Nashbar affiliate
    > sites. Offer expires 2/09/06.

    >So, has Performance really cornered the market? Is Nashbar really
    >Performance in different clothes?

    Yes. It has been this way for a few years now.
    -----------
    Alex

  4. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 12:59:40 -0500, Alex Rodriguez wrote:

    >>So, has Performance really cornered the market? Is Nashbar really
    >>Performance in different clothes?

    > Yes. It has been this way for a few years now. -----------

    Actually, Supergo has been part of the "empire" for a few years already
    too. My friends in CA tell me the Supergo stores have finally become
    Performance stores.

    Matt O.

  5. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    I got this too. I don't understand though -- is there a $75 minimum, as
    the subject header says, or no minimum, as it says at the bottom of the
    message body?

    Matt O.

    On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:35:54 -0800, kdresch wrote:

    > I received this email today. Maybe someone will save some money. Ken
    >
    > -----------------------------
    >
    > Supergo.com - Has Closed
    > Supergo.com has closed. But don't despair. Supergo partnered with one of
    > cycling's largest and most customer friendly sites - Nashbar.com - to
    > handle all of your cycling needs.
    > You can now get all of your cycling needs from Nashbar.com ... where
    > there's always a great deal.
    >
    > As a special offer to welcome Supergo.com customers, please use the link
    > below to receive a 10% discount on your next order over $75 at
    > Nashbar.com. Coupon details listed below.
    >
    > Use coupon code: NMTCH1 10% discount at Nashbar.com
    >
    > Thanks for your past patronage ... we've enjoyed the ride!
    >
    > * 10% coupon details. Offer is good on Nashbar.com. No minimum order
    > amount required. Good for one-time use only. Cannot be combined with other
    > coupons or special offers. Not available via Nashbar affiliate sites.
    > Offer expires 2/09/06.

  6. David White

    David White Guest

    Alex Rodriguez wrote:

    >>So, has Performance really cornered the market? Is Nashbar really
    >>Performance in different clothes?

    > Yes. It has been this way for a few years now.
    > -----------
    > Alex

    And it even looks more so now. Just got a small flier in the mail from Nashbar.
    It is in the same format as the ones I have been getting from Performance for
    years.

  7. Matt O'Toole wrote:
    > I got this too. I don't understand though -- is there a $75 minimum,
    > as the subject header says, or no minimum, as it says at the bottom
    > of the message body?

    Both.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training